jsbergen

S.S. Little Neck Popper: Best night color?

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2019 at 9:00 PM, Mack26 said:

Don’t fish them all that much at night, but first light, they are awesome. Really like yellow.

right here ^^^^................at first light, these things CATCH.

But really.......these plugs are just flat out awesome and catch around the clock......:th:

On 5/5/2019 at 7:16 AM, redfin said:

Black and swap the rear hook for single with feather. I like a long black feather best.

Absolutely spot on ^^^^^^^

I swim it as described above real slow at dusk with a black redgill teaser about 36" ahead of it...........:heart: :heart:

7 hours ago, BrooklynSurfCaster said:

I put a single treble mustad with a nice bucktail/feather teaser on mine. 

59430596_1563288390469788_8484039896984453120_n.jpg

59809539_351956659004013_1348389374668046336_n.jpg

The Largest ones do not swim like the 2 3/4oz version so I don't use them at night.  I would probably even go as far and say they don't swim at all!

2 hours ago, sinfish said:

The Largest ones do not swim like the 2 3/4oz version so I don't use them at night.  I would probably even go as far and say they don't swim at all!

They are both 2 3/8oz. But i never tried swimming the largest, thanks for the info.

On 5/7/2019 at 10:26 PM, yogiiiboy said:

Absolutely spot on ^^^^^^^

I swim it as described above real slow at dusk with a black redgill teaser about 36" ahead of it...........:heart: :heart:

Hey thanks for suggesting the Redgill teaser.  This plug casts like a missle so the teaser shohld be awesome. 

Do you fish teasers on a lot of your metal lips?

I have three colors, bone, (all) yellow and green parrot. I typically throw them during the day. However, after dark, I've caught fish on all three colors.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:34 AM, sinfish said:

I have used the 2 3/4 oz at night as a swimmer when the head wind was blowing Bombers or SP minnows back in my face. 

51 mins ago, jsbergen said:

Hey thanks for suggesting the Redgill teaser.  This plug casts like a missle so the teaser shohld be awesome. 

Do you fish teasers on a lot of your metal lips?

I really don't fish metal lips.................but i try to fish them as much as possible in front of my tins, plugs and some plastics.