luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - May 2019

Rate this topic

117 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, BLilly said:

So the only one out of the guys that are always catching that has posted anything

So maybe some guys don't take photos and don't make reports.  Agree that numbers are way down.  I think we've seen the last of the 20+ fish days.  And the size seems way down. 

we were blown out of our off shore trip the 21st, decided to still take the day off to help a buddy of mine get his boat ready, I flipped a lure for about an hour and a half waiting for him to get to the dock.  

thumbnail_image1.jpg

thumbnail_image3.jpg

thumbnail_image2.jpg

Edited by aguyinde

On 5/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, BLilly said:

So the only one out of the guys that are always catching that has posted anything is LuckyOC. Wondering how the rest of the guys (Rocks&Reds, AtTheBar, etc) did this spring rockfish run? Definitely seems like numbers are way down.

I only made one trip this spring and as usual a cold front rolled in and churned things up...but from what I gathered the spring run of black drum was impressive...at least on the Virginia end. By all accounts the spring striper run continued to be in decline compared to years previous...but bluefish look as if they might be staging a comeback. 

38 mins ago, dixiekraut said:

I only made one trip this spring and as usual a cold front rolled in and churned things up...but from what I gathered the spring run of black drum was impressive...at least on the Virginia end. By all accounts the spring striper run continued to be in decline compared to years previous...but bluefish look as if they might be staging a comeback. 

The wife and I were only there for a long weekend this year and earlier than we normally go. Rocks hadn’t started yet, hence my question about how everyone else did, but we had a good catch of black drum. It will be interesting to see what (if any) changes are made for next year. 

Edited by BLilly

I didn't get to fish much this spring, had one good night in DE later in April with a handful of 30-35" bass off the sand. After early this month my spring season was done. 

Caught this guy Wednesday night. He put up one hell of a fight and best mommy up pretty good. 

IMG_71331.jpg

24 mins ago, kurazy kracka said:

Caught this guy Wednesday night. He put up one hell of a fight and best mommy up pretty good. 

Thought you were a catch and release kind of guy... :) 

CONGRATS

life will never be the same ;) 

2 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

I didn't get to fish much this spring, had one good night in DE later in April with a handful of 30-35" bass off the sand. After early this month my spring season was done. 

IMG_71331.jpg

God bless him. He's cute.

3 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

IMG_71331.jpg

I guess you have another fishing partner.  Congrats!!!