luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - May 2019

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

Spent a few day on AIMD  this weekend . Caught a mixed bag of Fish including Bluefish ,Kingfish ,a shark , a couple skates and one of the targeted species . My son Brendan, #3 of 7 , caught his first Striper from the beach . It was a mere 23 inches but he caught his striper so he was more than happy to release it to be caught again another day . Was great to finally meet Critter Getter (Dave )  .  All in all a successful trip to Assateague with a couple of my sons adding to the numerous Great Memories from one  of the most pristine and Beautiful places on earth . I probably wont be back down till the beach closures have taken hold , so I hope to see you guys in September when the REAL FISH are in the surf . 

Everyone have a Fantabulous Memorial Weekend and while you're grilling and spending time with Family and Friends , Take a moment to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for us . 

IMG_1395.jpg

Great post, HalfNelson. :th:

I'll be plying the Assateague suds over the weekend. I have no idea whether I'll catch anything or not, but it is going to be marvelous regardless. I can't wait. :th:

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 5/21/2019 at 10:45 PM, luckyOC said:

havent posted much, been busy, really busy, but was able to get out a few times.  great seeing friends and missed a few.  caught some nice fish, all stripers where released and healthy, kept one blackie. 

Stripers numbers are way down, really good bait makes a huge difference :howdy:.  I think conditions with weeds and wind didn't help much either. 

45_2_striper.jpg

38_striper.jpg

45_striper.jpg

35_striper.jpg

Marcus.  Thanks for the Peelers.  We really appreciated it.  Also, thanks for taking the time to show us some of your gear.  Pretty cool stuff.

Unfortunately, we did not have much luck.  We managed skates, Whiting and some other bait fish though my buddy Paul managed a short Striper.

Glad to have gotten back out after being out for a year after shoulder surgery.

Edited by T.C.
didn't add any txt

I got down to AI twice this spring. We had one really good trip and one really bad trip. Guess that's fishing for ya.

GPTempDownload.jpg.21038f859e84eb0fac2a4cd11b301483.jpg

Here's the highlight reel from our "good trip".

Took me 10 minutes to land. I tried to stop with my thumb, bad idea, almost burn my thumb with mono line. Took a quick picture and release without measuring I'm guessing up to 40". The drum action early spring is the best I got both my kids pumped up reeling 25" to 28" black drum.

20190524_072906-02.jpeg

Wheeler, did you know that drones are illegal at Assateague, and all national parks?   

I myself personally dont want to see drones flying around at AI.  May not want to post video of yourself flying a drone.