luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - May 2019

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots, times, and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? 

;)

Edited by luckyOC

Hey guys, new member here, I just wanted to share my first fishing trip to OCI on on Wed May 1st. It was a success, conditions that day were favorable and didn’t skunk so the three hour drive was worth it! Thinking about heading back out on Friday the 10th

B77F2CCF-8E4B-4CB7-AEED-0DE3668F0627.jpeg

54DF9331-15A4-4884-998F-E96CC618AEE4.jpeg

F939AEB4-2C23-4F44-BC4C-60587AC5DAAC.jpeg

19F01B52-29BC-4FAB-ADFD-1E682FE1C384.jpeg

45636C21-B02D-4F35-8641-46664E198062.jpeg

Nice catch! If you look at past reports here notice that you gave a location and photos that show where you are.

If you like that spot you need to be aware that next time it might be too crowded to fish.   Just sayin

5 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

Nice catch! If you look at past reports here notice that you gave a location and photos that show where you are.

If you like that spot you need to be aware that next time it might be too crowded to fish.   Just sayin

Thanks and I’m sorry if it was too much info, and correct me if I’m wrong (again), but I just assumed that this location was very public since you can see the parking lot in the background. I was glad that I was able to catch something on my day off, it was probably one of the best ever lol. I have read past reports and most guys seem to fish the beach, I’m not fortunate enough to drive on the beach just yet, so I have to stick with public areas for now, which is why I try and get out when I can especially when conditions look promising.

Fished Assateague today,one bite one bluefish. 35 inches on bunker.

IMG_20190504_104455.jpg

Edited by Haller
Wrong size

Fished a day and a half  Thur-Fri looking for an early rock. Didn't get one but did manage a few black drum and the ever annoying big rays that are a pain to land. We did bring home a couple dozen crabs we caught. :) 

123.jpg

I know the spring surf fishing season at A.I. has officially started when you and Chris T start posting pics.....

Pilotman- your kid is growing quick. We drove by scouting the beach on Friday afternoon. 

Had a good day Saturday morning. The wife and I caught 3 drum early, a small rock, and a handful of the obligatory skates. 

035C6C98-DF4C-44F1-B840-F9C05F02F3EB.jpeg

Edited by BLilly

11 hours ago, dixiekraut said:

I know the spring surf fishing season at A.I. has officially started when you and Chris T start posting pics.....

Well I don't know about that lol. But we went because our schedule is gong to hinder us the rest of the month unfortunately. Slight chance of another short trip next weekend but that's about it. 

21 mins ago, BLilly said:

Pilotman- your kid is growing quick. We drove by scouting the beach on Friday afternoon.

BLilly, yeah he is...a bundle of energy that I'm having a hard time keeping up with.....Congrats on your catches Saturday. Always great when your wife enjoys fishing as much as you do. And even better  if she out catches you.:bucktooth: 

5 mins ago, pilotman said:

Always great when your wife enjoys fishing as much as you do. And even better  if she out catches you.:bucktooth: 

Yeah I ended up with a keeper given this is what we do for an anniversary trip. 

4 hours ago, pilotman said:

Well I don't know about that lol. But we went because our schedule is gong to hinder us the rest of the month unfortunately. Slight chance of another short trip next weekend but that's about it. 

Understood. I've made plans to get out there late Sat the 11th and stay thru Mon morning the 13th...unfortunately Tundra Tom won't be driving the beach so it will be walk over fishing only....but better than sitting in front of the telly with the remote. Hope they're still a few fish around.