mets41

Polarized Prescription sunglasses for surf

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Just now, Frugal Fisherman said:

That's because they messed up your script...there's a number in prescription called axis and that's the part they got wrong. Polarized lenses work by changing the direction that light passes through the lenses and when things aren't lined-up properly, that's when people get the effect that you describe...Idk how old your lenses are but if it's under a year, i would tell your optometrist exactly the effects you're having and get them to give u new lenses at no cost

*by the way, i know it because i work a lens supplier*

I saw some online ads for polarized sunglasses that had corning glass lenses. Does your supplier carry those?

16 hours ago, gellfex said:

So you're saying there is a convention between lens makers and LCD screen makers to use the same primary polarity axis?  That a horizontal screen isn't just a vertical screen turned on it's side, but has rotated polarity?

Yup. Before i know about polarization i made so non-rx lenses for my sister. Being that there was no rx, i didn't think it mattered how the lenses were cut into the frame. She couldn't see any lcd screen with one of the eyes, that's when i learned about polarization 

18 hours ago, Dave588 said:

I saw some online ads for polarized sunglasses that had corning glass lenses. Does your supplier carry those?

No, we only deal with polycarbonate, and various plastics. I don't know if i would feel safe with glass lenses. Glass lenses are much easier to break than polycarbonate. Plus when the glass breaks it shatters and produces little shards. It usually takes multiple blows with a hammer to break poly lenses.

Posted (edited) · Report post

If you have not tried the Costa Sunrise Silver lens yet you really should before making any decisions . I have them in 580G and have not needed to  switch due to changing light conditions from sunrise to dusk . Mine are in the Montauk frames and I love the fit and venting .

Edited by Qwik

4 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I have my prescription in my oakly frames polarized ,its hard to see phone,gps,car radio screen.

I bet if you rotate your phone, there will be a position where you'll be able to see the screen...if i rotate my phone 90° i can hardly see anything