LenDawg24

Sunglasses

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

SHADYRAYS.com — they have an awesome warranty (based on the honor system, free replacement when you inevitably lose them in the water), they’re polarized, and they’re affordable

Sierra Trading Post usually has some decent deals...I picked up a pair of Costa's there for under $ 100 (they're usually the 400g lens, not the more expensive ones) and also a pair of Smith's that I use for lower light fishing.

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 hours ago, LenDawg24 said:

Looking for some tips on good sunglasses for fishing... trying to keep within $50-$100

thanks in advance 

I won a pair of Unsinkable polarized, they have some designs that are within your price range I think. I never wore a pair of sunglasses that fit my head so well, they are made well, I can see everything and they float, perfect because I lost 2 other pair off my kayak haha. On top of that their warranty program is pretty sick too, replacements offered I think there is a minimal fee. Check out their website, but no complaints over here.

***Just checked out their website they have some models on clearance for around $50 and saw a popup if you sign up for the newsletter you get 15% off.

Edited by kevbo1756
added some info

11 hours ago, LenDawg24 said:

Looking for some tips on good sunglasses for fishing... trying to keep within $50-$100

thanks in advance 

Hobie (yes the kayak company) has been making fishing polarized sunglasses for years, and many are in that price range you're looking for. I have Maui's, Native, and Smith, and while they're all good, the Hobie's are very good for the $$. Well coated plastic lenses and durable plastic frames.

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 hours ago, PSUFly said:

Sierra Trading Post usually has some decent deals...I picked up a pair of Costa's there for under $ 100 (they're usually the 400g lens, not the more expensive ones) and also a pair of Smith's that I use for lower light fishing.

Second this. I got my blackfins for $99 plus shipping. They were plastic lenses. but that is still less than half price. Failing that, I like Typhoon sunglasses as well. Not as nice as Costa, but close, and they usually run about $75.

Edited by ATH1089

I got a pair of Prato at the Fly Show in 2018 for about $70 show price. Comes with a 275 bifocal feature, also very flexible and all around great look and feel. I also have a pair of $14 unsinkable glasses which are OK but what's with unsinkable ? If I drop them in the surf with my waders on I'm usually unable to chase them unless they wash right up and if I drop them in a creek with a boulder strewn bottom, well ....that's a chase I'll avoid.

Another pair with Zeiss Lenses are the best, cost $150+ but I'm liking that bifocal feature on the Prato.