No One "Needs" Guns

Rate this topic

Tinman, My thoughts exactly. Granted , it’s a compleatly different world , however , the premise is the same . Is Early American History still taught in primary school ? Or has it been dropped to make time / space for more “Progressive” courses ? Bill J 

9 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

I'm thinking nut jobs buying guns is a good place to start.

That's one of the things the NRA wants to see happen.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

11 hours ago, fishinambition said:

Nonsense. An armed poplulation could never stand up to a govt. 

11 hours ago, D_L said:

Exactly

Your comments are really a condemnation of the unarmed population.

Assuming your position to be true, my question would be directed to the people standing on the sidelines (or cheering the killing of Americans fighting the government) . . .

What would the nation look like after the government has won and killed everyone willing to fight it? 

Do you envision things would just return to "normal" and the government who just bulldozed a few million citizens into mass graves would hold an election the following November and IF it was held, abide by it?  I can't believe that, I believe "government" would be a brutal dictatorship at that point and would have no reason to alter itself. 

If you believe some semblance of "democracy" would be restored, please explain to me WHY a government willing to kill all who oppose it, would listen to anything the proven compliant, obedient, gutless and impotent people who remain around to be "governed", have to say?

Edited by ReelinRod

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.  If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.

34 mins ago, ReelinRod said:

Your comments are really a condemnation of the unarmed population.

Assuming your position to be true, my question would be directed to the people standing on the sidelines (or cheering the killing of Americans fighting the government) . . .

What would the nation look like after the government has won and killed everyone willing to fight it? 

Do you envision things would just return to "normal" and the government who just bulldozed a few million citizens into mass graves would hold an election the following November and IF it was held, abide by it?  I can't believe that, I believe "government" would be a brutal dictatorship at that point and would have no reason to alter itself. 

If you believe some semblance of "democracy" would be restored, please explain to me WHY a government willing to kill all who oppose it, would listen to anything the proven compliant, obedient, gutless and impotent people who remain around to be "governed", have to say?

I'm all for the armed citizen.

3 mins ago, D_L said:

I'm all for the armed citizen.

That makes your affirmation of fishinambition's statement all the more curious.

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.  If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.

13 hours ago, fishinambition said:

Nonsense. An armed poplulation could never stand up to a govt. 

We did in 1776!  Remember the ammo shortage in 2008 thru 2010?

Obama put Guns and Ammo in several Federal Departments that never were armed before? That poorly conceived tactic blew up in his face! A million more Americans joined the NRA. And women began showing up at gun ranges looking for lessons and guns for their personal protection!

On his first primary tour Obama said he would make a Citizens Army as big as the US ARMY when he got elected!

There is footage on both of his attempts to neuter the 2nd Amendment,

The Trump Administration has pulled the fangs of those Departments Armed by Obama!

Our Volunteer Armed Forces Are Loyal to the Constitution!

God Bless those American Patriots! The all took a stance “to protect this nation from is Enemies, Foreign and Domestic”,

19 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

because violence and guns are two separate issues.

if a LOT of people live in a small area, there will be more crime,

it's a no brainer....

not sure what your point is.

So then you agree it's not THE GUN? 

Why are the people in those doing "more crime"?  What's the cause of "more crime"? 

18 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

I think chicago is an island of tough gun laws in a sea of right wing nonsense,

NYC has more of a buffer zone of tough gun laws.

So want to be sarcastic with this statement.

27 mins ago, LBI SurfRat said:

So then you agree it's not THE GUN? 

Why are the people in those doing "more crime"?  What's the cause of "more crime"? 

10 mins ago, pakalolo said:

Perhaps the urban areas are heavily populated by animals with a high propensity for violent behavior and criminal activity.

These two I would suggest that liberal education, no father in the home or possibly the influx of illegals.

There's no need to blow smoke up my ass as a lengthy preamble to your insulting another person. It doesn't fool anyone and it doesn't garner any favor.

TimS ---Tim To Otshawytsha October 16 2018 #3956