Sudsy

Fishing Reports for May 2019

Rate this topic

611 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ridenfish said:

Looked for blues and today did not disappoint.  Got them at first light on smack its , bucktails and  SPs.  Then it slowed so we moved to the googan squad (which did not disappoint, they were in full effect).  Killed them on metal and bucktails and had a just short Bass  that must have been identifying as a Bluefish.  Pinched barbs are great btw.  Tired but can’t wait to go again. 

79ABD64E-A4C5-4D77-AEBD-048665E20B5D.jpeg

29C143C6-9736-4369-901C-E37D917E06F5.jpeg

nice....what county? outback? front?

you could give peeps some hope

Just now, MarkG said:

Never mind...obviously out front.

What county?

48 mins ago, MarkG said:

Monmouth.  Googan squad is a dead give away :D

Snuck out after work to chase some bluefish. Tough fishing through all the cabbage nearly impossible actually. But luckily my first three cast were into a bunker pod. All three got hit, only one landed. Smaller bout 3lbs and fat. Bunker moved out quick and that was it. Lot of people showing up for the night shift and with the light winds I’d love to go back out but that water was a dirty mess

No pics, but got into the bluefish in SoMoCo. Was pretty steady for the couple hours I was there. I landed 4 and lost just as many, maybe a couple more. But fish were being caught all around. Easily up to 12-15 pounders, my best guess

Anyone know how water quality is in RB. Thinking of making a drive down right now. Should be fishable right.

Out back in lower OC from 6-8 pm.  Was hoping to test out my new inline hooks I started changing out from trebles, but no luck.  Saw one blue and one striper caught on bait.  

1 hour ago, outfished1957 said:

Raritan Bay is probably a mess. Just a guess.

3 hours ago, Mojoboy said:

Anyone know how water quality is in RB. Thinking of making a drive down right now. Should be fishable right.

was out there earlier today from 7AM to 2PM and it was very brown.

no pics but just got some nice blues over 7lbs and stripes down south and my first signs of nice fluke (3 fish at over 21') up north 

Finally a morning with no bow in the line and wind in the face. Got out front cmc 440 am. Wind was slight SE and more workable surf. A single 19"-20" bass early followed by about a 22" blue a few casts after on SP then bite pretty much died for the next hour.  Moved around a bit and changed lures. Got a couple taps in close then got rocked a few cranks in from the 2nd bar. Started peeling line from the start and finally saw it surface and tail slap about 40 yds out, hell of a fight to get it in. 42" and hefty released. 

5-7-19x42.jpg

28 mins ago, FunkyBunker said:

Finally a morning with no bow in the line and wind in the face. Got out front cmc 440 am. Wind was slight SE and more workable surf. A single 19"-20" bass early followed by about a 22" blue a few casts after on SP then bite pretty much died for the next hour.  Moved around a bit and changed lures. Got a couple taps in close then got rocked a few cranks in from the 2nd bar. Started peeling line from the start and finally saw it surface and tail slap about 40 yds out, hell of a fight to get it in. 42" and hefty released. 

5-7-19x42.jpg

Superb. :th: