Sudsy

Fishing Reports for May 2019

Rate this topic

412 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, fishless said:

So you're saying there's a chance.  I'll be launching at sunup Sat.  Nice job Geoff. 

Oh yeah.  Plenty of fish out there.  Yakkers were killing them.  

Outback MoCo tonight, 2 fish on a bucktail my first few casts with nothing after that. Tried out front for a bit but the east wind was a deal killer. Did see something small splash when the sun was setting. 

Messed around at my local lake for an hour today, not a sniff.

Sunnies were even floating around on top looking bored

Big girls are getting on the nests, saw a good size fish right near the bank protecting a new nest. She'll be tacos within the next few days.

Outback tonight, wind picked up where I was, mr. weatherman said it was just going to be a light breeze, almost took  a hydro to the nose. When I got to the spot, bait fishermen were on 30+ inch bluefish, I tried to join in on the fun but nada for me, tried for a few more hours but not a bump. No bait observered, water wasn't dirty. There you go, skunk for me, the bite should be good tomorrow :howdy:

30" blues are lots of fun but hard on tackle. Tie my own steel leaders for them, and I even have to change those when the action gets hot.

8 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Messed around at my local lake for an hour today, not a sniff.

Sunnies were even floating around on top looking bored

Big girls are getting on the nests, saw a good size fish right near the bank protecting a new nest. She'll be tacos within the next few days.

Tacos

The sunnies

or the bass?

My experience of long ago was bluegills/sunnies tasted good[need a lotta them]

LM bass not so much. Sorta tasted like the lake/weedy if that could describe it.

Would always return a nesting female if caught.

Atlantic County yesterday around "my fav island"... skates and blues. Had some chases on the fly, probably should have just stuck with that, but was tossing bunker and clam, and got skates on clam, blues on bunker.

Posted (edited) · Report post

51 mins ago, MarkG said:

Tacos

The sunnies

or the bass?

My experience of long ago was bluegills/sunnies tasted good[need a lotta them]

LM bass not so much. Sorta tasted like the lake/weedy if that could describe it.

Would always return a nesting female if caught.

I'm guessing the "taco" part was a hint at who will catch her off the bed and take her home ... 

Edited by PhilCVG

17 hours ago, GeoffT said:

They only wanted the silver x-rap this morning. All keepers were over 30" to 36". 

20190502_102217.jpg

20190502_092948.jpg

20190502_093141.jpg

They were tearing this yellow Tattoo up yesterday too

IMG_0625.JPG

Slow morning out front cmc. NE wind was pushing 15 and messing with casts with constant bow in line.  Nothing on plugs, kept the skunk off with 2 shorts 16" and 20" on an AOK P-nut jig. Probably take the weekend off. 

:banghd:

caught 2 fish, broke my 4th VS handle as the bite was picking up. By the time I grabbed my backup and came back the bite was over. Switched spots... dropped a GIANT. Lost a few plugs. Etc

Back at it tonight

42 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

broke my 4th VS handle

Seems like a common thing, saw a kid break one last year during the Albie bite. And my friend broke one too.