Sudsy

Fishing Reports for May 2019

Rate this topic

611 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, OrtleyBeach35 said:

First fluke trip, water out front cleaning up... 

1 keeper. 2 @ 16” . 

Chartreuse was the only color they wanted.... 

What street in Ortley, 35th Street? Me and my boys want show up for some keepers.

Posted (edited) · Report post

43 mins ago, OrtleyBeach35 said:

Newark bay! Ask Cletus he knows the spot for doormats 

I think Cletus is done until Rhode Island. Last I heard he was sipping gin and tonics on a sandbar in barnegat bay.

My report. Scraped up a blue and a skunk in 2 days in CMC. Water stained all weekend. 

Time to hit the road to greener pastures.

Edited by SIC34

Went out o.c out back and front just now too many people out and about going to give it a couple hours too see if it thins out. I think it's gonna be a rough night to find solitude. I hope I'm wrong. Is it September yet :banghd:l.o.l 

Walked some sand last night out front  one yellow eyed demon  and one less  bucktail.  Did not find a spot out back last night that didn't have people   and please people if you're trolling this site pick up your freaking trash  no respect  and they wonder why  we get kicked out of places.....   that is all   rant over 

Beautiful morning with some nice looking water.  Walked a good bit of beach but couldn't get a hit.  Tried bugs too and nothing.  Heard one keeper size was pulled out early.  Get out and enjoy this great weather.  Back at it tomorrow.

I'm off tomorrow boys and want to fish. I went flukin yesterday and didn't get anything. Really didn't want to go but to got dragged out. Only productive spot was a narrow channel with 100 boats in it pounding it to hell, and wasn't worth the headache to join them.

What should I do tomorrow though? I'm not sure.

I hear ya there. Up north the flounder bite was decent but south it was really tough. My kid wanted to try the all new hard to get new gulp color and man it really did work. The grub just catch big fish for us 5" to 6" on land or our Zodiac. Usually the pink shine or any flashy color.

40 mins ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

I hear ya there. Up north the flounder bite was decent but south it was really tough. My kid wanted to try the all new hard to get new gulp color and man it really did work. The grub just catch big fish for us 5" to 6" on land or our Zodiac. Usually the pink shine or any flashy color.

What is the new gulp color?

Just now, Rkfool said:

What is the new gulp color?

Was that salmon color one last year that nobody could find. Got my hands on the grub style. Haven't seen it yet in the mullet or anything else. Its bright red. 

37 mins ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Was that salmon color one last year that nobody could find. Got my hands on the grub style. Haven't seen it yet in the mullet or anything else. Its bright red. 

Hmm. . . I think I know what your talking about?? Maybe. Thanks lol

Took the yak out for the first time in OC. Few fluke taps, but nothing long enough to land. Then saw some bunker jumping in 3 feet of water. Crocodile spoon picked up a few cocktails to break the skunk and I called it a day. Tons of fishing, only saw one flat landed. 

Just finished inside of an inlet in the yak, holy boat traffic. Still put in work, had a really good fish on that took my rod from mid hight to the gunnel and I couldn’t budge it. It will haunt me till I die. Broke 25 lb leader after a few cranks. 

Tons of bait around. Even more cocktails. They cleaned me out of just about every piece of curly tail gulp I had, 6”, mullets, nemisis, you name it they ruined it lol. They were puking up all kinds of goodies but this one was in the best shape. Looks to be a small porgie? Or perch ? Please correct me if I’m wrong. 

5FCCB915-C106-4DE6-867D-D7CC55BBDC44.jpeg