Sudsy

Fishing Reports for May 2019

Rate this topic

412 posts in this topic

Back with the skunk this morning.  Started out front with great bass conditions again, but not a touch.  Headed over to the river and the skunking continued.  Did see a little bait in the river, just nothing on the feed.  Unbelievable how slow the start of this season has been.

5 mins ago, MC55 said:

Back with the skunk this morning.  Started out front with great bass conditions again, but not a touch.  Headed over to the river and the skunking continued.  Did see a little bait in the river, just nothing on the feed.  Unbelievable how slow the start of this season has been.

Thanks for the report..out of curiosity were you able to identify the bait?

2 hours ago, adoboboy said:

If you don't mind me asking, was there bait swimming happily around and how was the water clarity?  

Headed out tonight to bring the big Skunk outback MoCo!

Water was fine and I didn’t see any bait, good luck tonight 

To reiterate what Sudsy said - please leave the Tavern stoopid in the Tavern - this is a fishing report thread...it should contain fishing reports with some discussion related to those reports welcome as well. Posts like "I went fishing" are right up there with Tavern style stoopid :read:  Thanks :th:

TimS

2 mins ago, TimS said:

To reiterate what Sudsy said - please leave the Tavern stoopid in the Tavern - this is a fishing report thread...it should contain fishing reports with some discussion related to those reports welcome as well. Posts like "I went fishing" are right up there with Tavern style stoopid :read:  Thanks :th:

TimS

@TimS were you able to get out for Tog before the season closed up? I was out sunday and we had fun picking away at fish throughout the day. We safely released all females and a bunch of males

9 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

@TimS were you able to get out for Tog before the season closed up? I was out sunday and we had fun picking away at fish throughout the day. We safely released all females and a bunch of males

Negative...it's pretty rare that I fish for blackfish in the spring, I usually only bother them in the winter :)

TimS

7 mins ago, TimS said:

Negative...it's pretty rare that I fish for blackfish in the spring, I usually only bother them in the winter :)

TimS

This was my first Spring trip so I wasnt sure what to expect. I give the captain major kudos for releasing the spawning females and when we found a group that he identified as spawning we would move onto another spot.

53 mins ago, SPCFudgie said:

Water was fine and I didn’t see any bait, good luck tonight 

Thank you! will try to find the bait, hopefully have a decent report for you guys :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ocean County in the back, midway through the outgoing tide, many dogs, only *** one*** Bass, but it was a good one.

44", sent her back to hopefully breed another day...............

59295320_10218778479073444_5676772916390264832_n.jpg.f644317fe6a021099bfb306c5c2dfeca.jpg

Edited by JoeyZac

2 hours ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Out front outgoing alot of shorts nothing of size yet on a bucktail. Also saw this on the beach. Prehistoric, no damage seen to the fish.

20190502_084735.jpg

Contact fish&game with specific location. They'll pick it up. I found one years ago on lbi. I told a bait shop. They contacted F&G. You would have thought it contained gold the way they talked about it and came for it. 

4 hours ago, adams54 said:

Thanks for the report..out of curiosity were you able to identify the bait?

Nope, was just out if sight range.  Was funny that every boat that was heading out would stop and check it out, then move on.

1 hour ago, LBI SurfRat said:

Contact fish&game with specific location. They'll pick it up. I found one years ago on lbi. I told a bait shop. They contacted F&G. You would have thought it contained gold the way they talked about it and came for it. 

1 hour ago, LBI SurfRat said:

Atlantic sturgeon.  The “Gold” is the caviar they can produce.