Sudsy

Fishing Reports for May 2019

Rate this topic

412 posts in this topic

NoMoCo - ealy  this AM - Took a quick look at the bay, water was stained Headed out front Tough conditions with a hard NW wind Water was clean and choppy Had to hold the pole. Had a hit on the first cast and got a decent bass at 28" Another bass at 27", and a 25" All on sandworms Bite ended when the sun came out

1 hour ago, Borneo said:

NoMoCo - ealy  this AM - Took a quick look at the bay, water was stained Headed out front Tough conditions with a hard NW wind Water was clean and choppy Had to hold the pole. Had a hit on the first cast and got a decent bass at 28" Another bass at 27", and a 25" All on sandworms Bite ended when the sun came out

You should have switched to day worms! 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well boys.. I hit the same spot as yesterday and it was quite the same. Cocktails doing what they do. Except this time to reach them from where I was, I had to slap a 3oz tinman metal to get out and down fast enough to be productive.  Pull a little one, maybe 3 lbs. flip it to me unhook it release. Go to re cast and right at the release of my finger SNAP. My 10’ Lami Ron arrra pro 1-4oz broke at the feral on the bottom section just about flush with the top section...... I purchased it here on sol from a fellow member and put a lot of line through them guides and fish to my feet. RIP LAMI.

Edited by FlounderWetspot

48 mins ago, FlounderWetspot said:

Well boys.. I hit the same spot as yesterday and it was quite the same. Cocktails doing what they do. Except this time to reach them from where I was, I had to slap a 3oz tinman metal to get out and down fast enough to be productive.  Pull a little one, maybe 3 lbs. flip it to me unhook it release. Go to re cast and right at the release of my finger SNAP. My 10’ Lami Ron arrra pro 1-4oz broke at the feral on the bottom section just about flush with the top section...... I purchased it here on sol from a fellow member and put a lot of line through them guides and fish to my feet. RIP LAMI.

Wow...so sorry to hear that, if only it was a tip top it would've been all good. Maybe a micro crack in the ferrule from years of use finally broke...

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, FlounderWetspot said:

You're thoughts are in my prayers during these difficult times!

Broke my favorite Penn last year, however...I've heard a lot of stories similar to this where it may just be as easy as contacting them directly, explaining it failed under normal use etc...they'll probably ask for a picture just as procedure, but I'm willing to bet they'll offer you a replacement for a very small fraction of it's original value.

To add, I met a guy last year who I've deemed "breaker of rods"...this guy always was snapping his Mojo's, we'll also just say I didnt know how frequently he broke them following the first time I happened to have an extra to loan lolol.

But I say definitely contact them, I'm sure they wont heckle you for proof of original purchase. So give it a go!

Otherwise, out front yesterday and today, cocktail blues yesterday, nada today, wind was a bitch today, out again tomorrow, Oc. Cheers fellas

Edit- Still can't find a damn striper by the way 

Edited by Saltine109