Sudsy

Fishing Reports for May 2019

Rate this topic

487 posts in this topic

57 mins ago, Jimo95 said:

Out back in OC this morning for quick trip... threw bone SP and hooked up first 3 casts... 3 more in an hour... probably head back tonight.. saw 3 people of Asian descent who took literally about 50 bluefish.... sad21E30911-218F-4AE5-B5AF-A9A348033AB1.jpeg.f520922b68f76ad87763820a1b7cd006.jpeg

Very sad, Call Fish and Game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 mins ago, Jimo95 said:

Out back in OC this morning for quick trip... threw bone SP and hooked up first 3 casts... 3 more in an hour... probably head back tonight.. saw 3 people of Asian descent who took literally about 50 bluefish.... sad21E30911-218F-4AE5-B5AF-A9A348033AB1.jpeg.f520922b68f76ad87763820a1b7cd006.jpeg

That last part literally made me have a depressed reaction. That is ridiculous. Imagine that crop of fish being taken out of our fishery. No respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe,

 

I'm very surprised the fish haven't moved into our area in droves like they have in the past.  I was looking forward to watching another fist fight and double line-ups with people throwing plugs with trebles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 mins ago, Goldy said:

Joe,

 

I'm very surprised the fish haven't moved into our area in droves like they have in the past.  I was looking forward to watching another fist fight and double line-ups with people throwing plugs with trebles

Yes. Seems to be a southern bite right now. Lol..bro, I've seen some lineups tho the last few weeks...I mean....50-55 people. Funniest thing was, i pulled up to a spot one day...I opened up my car door, rose up a little on my seat to see down the beach. Body to body lineup...sat back in the car, put back on my seatbelt, and went home to mow the lawn. haha. I ain't dealing with that nonsense. It's like when people ask me to go sit on Belmar beach on a saturday in July. Nope, sorry. Have fun. Don't feel like listening to the guy next to me's techno music with huge biceps and chicken leg calves and his girl who set the tanning bed level to extra crispy.

Edited by joefishnj21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

Yes. Seems to be a southern bite right now. Lol..bro, I've seen some lineups tho the last few weeks...I mean....50-55 people. Funniest thing was, i pulled up to a spot one day...I opened up my car door, rose up a little on my seat to see down the beach. Body to body lineup...sat back in the car, put back on my seatbelt, and went home to mow the lawn. haha. I ain't dealing with that nonsense. It's like when people ask me to go sit on Belmar beach on a saturday in July. Nope, sorry. Have fun. Don't feel like listening to the guy next to me's techno music with huge biceps and chicken leg calves and his girl who set the tanning bed level to extra crispy.

Tanning beds to extra crispy?  Thought it was extra Jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went back for some more chopper action this morning.  Stayed for awhile, but when new arrivals decide to park right on your shoulder it was time to move on.  Managed to land a half dozen and drop a few more.  Water was clean and clear.  Figured it was worth a try out front so headed for the sand.  Conditions their much improved with clean rolling white water.  Storms have moved a lot of sand around again so have to explore to find the new hot spots.  Well, that could potentially be hot spots.  Did pull out one with stripes which is hopeful that they may start to show more.  Will start out front in the morning and see what happens.

 

 

DSCF2613.JPG

DSCF2615.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Took a trip moco in the back last hour of incoming into the first hour of out going. Quite a few people. Saw about 3-4 large blues gaffed/landed. Overall pretty slow. Landed 4 cocktails. Dropped 3 as well. Sometimes I think they latch onto the metal sans trailer and go for a little ride then pop off. Would have liked to try a few more spots but I had places to be.

Edited by adams54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 mins ago, Mono said:

First time out for the season this afternoon in the Barnegat Bay.  Three small blues on a Cotton Cordell pencil popper.

Was going to ask if anyone was getting them on top. Question answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick trip, out front, MoCo, from 5 to 6 pm. Had a flurry of cocktail blues. Fun getting some pull in the line. Lost one that was larger. No bass. Back at it tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Quick trip, out front, MoCo, from 5 to 6 pm. Had a flurry of cocktail blues. Fun getting some pull in the line. Lost one that was larger. No bass. Back at it tomorrow.

I'm on a cocktail blues mission, heading outfront tomorrow between 0900 to noon in maybe the area you fish, just a guesstimate. Hopefully they will still be there. Care to share what lure/s you used? Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bayyaker54 said:

Last two days , beating on the beach, and I’am the one who got beat up. Nonstop blues, hide the woman and children,these guys are big. Some up to 15lbs

AB69C130-2C33-4AF6-95BB-392C3DAA4AE0.jpeg

5DEA7DCB-9976-4350-81E5-EEED6EC1D60A.jpeg

1647E991-1E19-41D4-921B-60F74E8466DC.jpeg

542D01F8-E341-40CD-88CC-1C8A0629D0CD.jpeg

Most impressed with the Alberto knot which lasted longer then my VR135.  Totally blew up my anti-reverse . Time for a rebuild and service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now