Sudsy

Fishing Reports for May 2019

Rate this topic

412 posts in this topic

Just now, Sheisty said:

raritan bay conditions? Would it be a pointless effort to give it a go via boat/kayak tomorrow?

Kayak huh?  You buy something new?

No rain and sunshine this morning?  What's up with that?  Figured the best shot this morning was to head to the river looking for the choppers.  Water has cleaned up where visibility wasn't an issue.  Stiff wind blowing out of the NW didn't make for ideal conditions, but much improved over the last few days.  Didn't take too long before I started seeing some activity.  Was a slow pick but managed to beach 7 blues and lost a bunch more.  Real mix of sizes with everything on metal.  Started out with only a few of us fishing but the crowd grew and the head boats came and the action slowed.  So was time to call it a morning.  Nice to at least see some fish caught.

DSCF2610.JPG

15 mins ago, fishless said:

Kayak huh?  You buy something new?

Yea I purchased a kayak and a boat buy 1 get 1 free. Now answer the question.

Hey MC. Just recognized you from the pic. Met you the other day when I was packing up. Was going to hit the river early, but figured too muddy. Good to hear you got into em. Lots of boats just outside river now. 

Beat the blues up today.  That is all.  Lost a big fluke too.  Nice fishing with you today  Mike @MC55  I moved where I said and nailed them til

the bottom of the ride.  

17 mins ago, ridenfish said:

Beat the blues up today.  That is all.  Lost a big fluke too.  Nice fishing with you today  Mike @MC55  I moved where I said and nailed them til

the bottom of the ride.  

Well done Pat.  Just didn't want to put on the climbing shoes so called it a morning.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I give a lot of credit to the guys killen the blues cuz truth be told I am in a bay slump! I was away on business last week and I heard there was a decent bite. Which of course I missed..returned and took some days off cuz of the weather but have been back at it yesterday and today and absolutely nothing! Talking to other guys sounded like more of the same for them. Skunks and scattered cocktails. Threw metal, bone sp, top water. nada. Guessing I'm in the right place at the wrong time. Back at it tomorrow. 

Edited by joefishnj21

Last two days , beating on the beach, and I’am the one who got beat up. Nonstop blues, hide the woman and children,these guys are big. Some up to 15lbs

AB69C130-2C33-4AF6-95BB-392C3DAA4AE0.jpeg

5DEA7DCB-9976-4350-81E5-EEED6EC1D60A.jpeg

1647E991-1E19-41D4-921B-60F74E8466DC.jpeg

542D01F8-E341-40CD-88CC-1C8A0629D0CD.jpeg

17 hours ago, MC55 said:

No rain and sunshine this morning?  What's up with that?  Figured the best shot this morning was to head to the river looking for the choppers.  Water has cleaned up where visibility wasn't an issue.  Stiff wind blowing out of the NW didn't make for ideal conditions, but much improved over the last few days.  Didn't take too long before I started seeing some activity.  Was a slow pick but managed to beach 7 blues and lost a bunch more.  Real mix of sizes with everything on metal.  Started out with only a few of us fishing but the crowd grew and the head boats came and the action slowed.  So was time to call it a morning.  Nice to at least see some fish caught.

DSCF2610.JPG

You are not throwing the mc55 at these guys?  :-)

Rain forecast luckily got pushed back a few hours so ran out front cmc 5-630am. Nothing for about 30 mins again on bone sp and hyd. minnow. Threw chick. scratch on and eventually got a 27"-28" schoolie. Tossed him back then got another one around 22". Morning ended with 3 drops all in the same spot about 15 yds out. 2nd drop was something bigger, good hit that initially felt like a big blue but after a few seconds the head shakes stopped and started pulling. It was putting up a decent fight but when i got it to that section it was able to push off the bottom and just came loose. Must have been hanging on by a thread so minor disappointment. 3rd drop had to dodge the plug when it came slinging out of the water at me. 

Out back in OC this morning for quick trip... threw bone SP and hooked up first 3 casts... 3 more in an hour... probably head back tonight.. saw 3 people of Asian descent who took literally about 50 bluefish.... sad21E30911-218F-4AE5-B5AF-A9A348033AB1.jpeg.f520922b68f76ad87763820a1b7cd006.jpeg