Sudsy

Fishing Reports for May 2019

Rate this topic

412 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Best month of the year, everything should be biting !

(And in 4 more days I can finally gt rid of this terrible avatar !!)

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

As a collective group I hope we can all fish for a greater cause this spring. It is known that the stock is in trouble, but still salvagable. Please release the females properly, and keep a modest amount for the dinner table if you so choose.

Edited by Sudsy

Was going to skip today but forgot to set alarm for later so wasn't going back to sleep. Out front cmc 445-615am, steady E wind but good looking surf. Got a few bumps early and turned into a steady bite for about 40 mins. Had about 5 or 6 hits and misses, pulled in 7 shorts 16" to 23" on a hydro. All hits around 30-40yds out, plug distance wasn't much further with the breeze. Bite died so threw metal for distance but no takers for last 30 mins of incoming. I've been dreaming of May since last June. 

Late report from Monday afternoon . NoMoCo out front Overcast with a steady SSE wind, light chop and fairly clean. Kind of a slow dat. Got a couple of shorts A really raw day, and I put out the biggest 2 sandworms on as I was getting ready to leave. As soon as I picked up the slack, I felt a fish and It felt decent. A good fight ensued and I had a tough time getting the fish out of the undertow. Ended up with a 32" Bass.  Heading out later.

IMG_2432.JPG

OC out back 5-7am skunkaroo seems to be more of a time bite than a tide out back, out front 3 micros on a 4" storm shad. 3 weeks ago caught my first keeper out front in about 100 outings, 32" on a white bucktail, longest I've ever gone without catching a keeper.

Posted (edited) · Report post

CMC back bay, the shorts I’ve been catching all spring are being joined by bigger fish today! They were fun on the schoollie rod! Sporadic bluefish of all sizes here and there. Even saw a weakie caught but some Hickories not sea herring were so fast and fun jumping multiple times in shallow water! This one was 18” and a rocket! Time for big rods and herring plugs...

71AA1121-BABA-44C2-BAA1-9948077834C1.jpeg

7DFEABEA-18B9-44E8-8F83-F53C7B4A2EAA.jpeg

Edited by libertyminded
Hickory Shad not Sea Herring! Thanks

Gray morning with a light NE wind.  Still not seeing anything to attract the stripes.  Little later start since not much has been happening.  Did break the skunk by finding one at 23 inches going after the white swimmer.  Only hit I got for the time spent.  Nice to hear FB is starting to see more activity his way.  They should be on the way north soon so back out with an early start tomorrow.

DSCF2604.JPG

46 mins ago, libertyminded said:

CMC back bay, the shorts I’ve been catching all spring are being joined by bigger fish today! They were fun on the schoollie rod! Sporadic bluefish of all sizes here and there. Even saw a weakie caught but some of the biggest sea herring I’ve ever caught were so fast and fun jumping multiple times in shallow water! This one was 18” and a rocket! Time for big rods and herring plugs...

71AA1121-BABA-44C2-BAA1-9948077834C1.jpeg

7DFEABEA-18B9-44E8-8F83-F53C7B4A2EAA.jpeg

thats a hickory shad not a sea herring. 

6 hours ago, Lagerhead said:

I went fishing.

That was my 3 day fishing report when i went to the OBX 2 weeks ago because i didn't catch **** down there. 

5 hours ago, MikeMc said:

So do his fishing skills. 

lol it's pure luck. 

4 hours ago, Belmo said:

He's better-looking, too. :th:

It's like seeing Fabio on the beach in only a pair of chest waders, except he cut his hair, lost about 60 lbs and is wearing a sweatshirt because he's probably cold during the early spring mornings. 

Went out today and saw something I never would believe . A man fishing with the top half of his real on upside down , so the guides were on top . He was wading in about 6 inches of water and because of the line being wrapped around the blank casting about 5 feet away . For some reason he would try to set the hook and the rod would bend sideways ...  to make this a fishing report I did hit a few spots in river and bay with no luck .