jesgord

Keep the Dream Alive—Giveaway #9

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ok folks. Keeping this going and paying it forward. This one is for a vintage Gibbs (Buzzard’s Bay) 2.5oz darter (aka “darting swimmer”) in its original package.

This bad boy deserves to be fished. In the spirit of of keeping the striped bass population strong, this giveaway is for those individuals who support responsible catch and release. This doesn’t mean, you never take a fish for the table-but if you are out there catching big pre-spawn breeders with no regard for the well being of the fishery-please don’t enter. 

If you want in-just post “I support catch an release” or something along those lines. Winner will be picked by random number generator next Sunday at around 9pm.  Good luck!!!

BC4291DE-11E6-4A05-A2F6-57FE29261AAD.jpeg

4173FBDC-CC9C-47E6-959F-CA57F457C816.jpeg

Edited by jesgord

Thanks for stepping up!

I support C&R.

To that end, I'll test swim this bad boy with various hook configurations in the hope that I can get it to swim well with a single (front) belly treble (of whatever size) and either a dressed siwash tail or simply a flag on the tail.

As my fishing mates have told me many times, "I know which plugs you've fished because the hooks are sharp and the barbs are crushed."

I caught and released 135 stripers in the Hudson kayak fishing in April. None were big breeders, ...but some day, I kept only one, it’s in my avatar.