TYCOON Big game Rod - Are these roller guides failing?

Rate this topic

McClintock

I recently purchase a used vintage tycoon unlimited class rod online for around $300 and I had some concern about how the guides looked now that it has just arrived.  Please see the pictures below but there is some obvious stress around every guide.  I dont know if this is typical of older rods like this and/or if it impacts it performance at all.  I can still return this rod so if it is something of concern I'd like to do that, but if it's just cosmetic, that doesn't bother me! All the guides look like this. Does anyone know if this is a problem or not?!

Thanks for your help! 

20190426_122721.jpg

20190426_122742.jpg

20190426_122729.jpg

Edited by McClintock
Adding text

is this a true Tycoon Tackle rod or just a rod with Tycoon guides? I collect real deal Tycoon wood rods. Lets see the rest of it. 

The guide wrap thread on old rods commonly fades on those edges and this looks normal for an aged rod. The thread looks un-damaged. No re-wrap needed in my opinion. A rod builder can re-coat with rod finish or light coat of varnish

Edited by 1badf350

Needs a couple of coats of Poly.  Before it starts to unravel .  

its been out an in the sun.  just wear.  I don't see anything wrong with the guide . Just needs some care.

Edited by ccb