Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

The best time of the football season

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

is now. The draft.

It has the hoopla and the hysterics, it's a grand time for silliness and really good parties, and so on. 

Nobody's gotten hurt. Nobody has proved a bust, or disappointed himself and the people who selected him. Everyone has some cause to be hopeful. The arguments over who shudda been picked will be long-lived and mostly harmless. Even Eddy has nothing bad to say about the Jets' pick, yet, so perhaps his endless negativity won't destroy the Jets this year.  Like it did last year.  :wave:

Gettleman better be right about Jones, is all I can say. 

7 hours ago, BrianBM said:

is now. The draft.

It has the hoopla and the hysterics, it's a grand time for silliness and really good parties, and so on. 

Nobody's gotten hurt. Nobody has proved a bust, or disappointed himself and the people who selected him. Everyone has some cause to be hopeful. The arguments over who shudda been picked will be long-lived and mostly harmless. Even Eddy has nothing bad to say about the Jets' pick, yet, so perhaps his endless negativity won't destroy the Jets this year.  Like it did last year.  :wave:

They're still the Jets.

Self destruction is inevitable.

11 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Right or wrong is irrelevant. He burned a first pick that you cannot deny. He would have been there at 17.

5 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I don't even pay attention other than the unavoidable FB headlines. 

it must suck to be a Patriots fan.

I wouldn't care about the draft either.

12 hours ago, BrianBM said:

is now. The draft.

we might need a running back.

Everybody has needs, lots of needs. Everyone will be disappointed, at some point. Who will turn out to be the next Christian Hackenberg? The next Ryan Leaf? I dunno. It's fun to watch the kids exult, to what the parents bursting with pride, and so on.

Jones seems to be a controversial use of a #6 pick. Gettleman is either the smartest man in football this side of Belicheck, or one of the two or three dumbest. We'll have to wait and see which is which. 

Clemson really did well in this draft. Three linemen, anyone else?

With the patriots pick of Kneal harris, a.k.a a pretty big dude wide receiver. Demarious Thomas another pretty big receiver that they have hopes on for short money.  Next another big dude Flash Gordon has signed on officially with the patriots......

Assuming everything comes together, is Belichic redefining the receiving core into big guys, big catch zones and tough to take down? is the plan to just box out, out muscle these 190 lb corners?.

Somethin is definitely brewing

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

Everybody has needs, lots of needs. Everyone will be disappointed, at some point. Who will turn out to be the next Christian Hackenberg? The next Ryan Leaf? I dunno. It's fun to watch the kids exult, to what the parents bursting with pride, and so on.

Jones seems to be a controversial use of a #6 pick. Gettleman is either the smartest man in football this side of Belicheck, or one of the two or three dumbest. We'll have to wait and see which is which. 

Clemson really did well in this draft. Three linemen, anyone else?

murray will be either the biggest bust ever or the best QB ever.

and if the cardinals don't trade rosen, it's because they feel the same way.

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

Who will turn out to be the next Christian Hackenberg?

If you look at Hack and this kid the Giants picked you'll see a scary lot of similarities

I think this kid is going to be a fine XFL QB in 2 or 3 years

2 hours ago, BrianBM said:

This