Spigola

Fluke inequity

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

New York fluke season starts May 4, New Jersey fluke season starts May 24.  Is anyone going to be patrolling off North Jersey beaches to see if New York boats are violating our regulations.  Bad enough we are already losing several weeks of prime fishing without the NY boats coming down and gobbling up part of our quota.

Yes they patrol.  Cross that imaginary line in the bay with a fluke and get fined.  They do the same with striper inequality.  

On 4/25/2019 at 9:54 AM, coolhandfluke said:

its where the boat is docked.   the water is not closed. you can target flounder but they have to be thrown back if docked in jersey.   

are you saying NY docked boats can fish NJ waters May 4 to May 23 catch and keep fluke and bring them back to NY?

On 4/25/2019 at 9:54 AM, coolhandfluke said:

its where the boat is docked.   the water is not closed. you can target flounder but they have to be thrown back if docked in jersey.   

Asshat, you really should have the facts in your brain before you post here.

The NJ State waters are closed to fluke fishing until May 24th. I dont care if your boat is docked in East Jibip. Closed is closed. Moron.

26 mins ago, Ben Lippen said:

The NJ State waters are closed to fluke fishing until May 24th. I dont care if your boat is docked in East Jibip. Closed is closed. Moron.

Exactly!!!!

17 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

It needed to be said

On 4/25/2019 at 9:50 AM, Spigola said:

New York fluke season starts May 4, New Jersey fluke season starts May 24.  Is anyone going to be patrolling off North Jersey beaches to see if New York boats are violating our regulations.  Bad enough we are already losing several weeks of prime fishing without the NY boats coming down and gobbling up part of our quota.

All boat fish is C&R.   Problem solved.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I will admit when wrong and maybe I am , but I searched the nj fish and game site and found nothing about waters closed for c&r flounder out of season.i will call the port republic office on Monday and I will post the answer I receive.

I never had to worry about it as we don't target flounder until mid june anyway. we drum a few times then sea bass on wrecks a few times.https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/fluke.htm

this is posted on the new digest...page 16 I think…. Striped Bass Closed Seasons No person may take, attempt to take, or have in possession any striped bass from the following closed waters:.

but nothing like that is stated for flounder but like I said, I will call and post what I am told.

Edited by coolhandfluke