Steve_M

ODM new rod

Rate this topic

105 posts in this topic

I got to cast the new 10’  Evolution last Saturday and what a great rod.  It cast unbelievably far. It is so light in your hands and the sensitivity is off the charts. Just wondering if anyone else got a chance to cash them.   I think Steve has a homerun with this one. 

8 hours ago, Mbrody said:

Steve, what did you cast with it? Curious how it performs at 3/4 oz.

I threw 4oz and a 1 3/4oz. The 1 3/4 went as far as the 4oz. It cast  amazing. I liked it so much I will have one soon. I was told you can cast 3/4oz

On 4/25/2019 at 8:58 AM, Steve_M said:

I got to cast the new 10’  Evolution last Saturday and what a great rod.  It cast unbelievably far. It is so light in your hands and the sensitivity is off the charts. Just wondering if anyone else got a chance to cash them.   I think Steve has a homerun with this one. 

I agree . I got to try the 10', 1-5 ( not sure 3/-5 or 1-5) Evolution at the last demo day (Grumpys).  It feels amazing, smooth effortless. I also tried their other 10-10'6"s, I could definitely feel the difference. I'm closing in on 70 and I know I could last a lot longer with the evolution. I got out at least another 10+ yards with it with less effort. I'm not sure, but I believe it had a VS 200 on it and with 2 oz plug.

It's casting range is pretty awesome.  Not like anything I've felt.  Waiting for others to spend the $$$ so I can try and run a few plugs in the water.

14 hours ago, plug1712 said:

What size reel did it have on there? A 150 would make for a very light beachfront setup

The only thing it cast so far you might want to put the 200 on it because it cast so far you might want more line. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Eel said:

How does this blank compare to the odm nex1 in 10 and 11 feet.

All I can say is try to get to cast one. It's is a class of its own. Its so lite and powerful. 

On 4/30/2019 at 5:07 PM, mike07gsxr said:

What kind of $$ are they going for? Love the odm line up. Great rods.

I think to have one built it was $630 but don't hold me to it. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Edited by TimS
I've asked you many times to stop with your nonsense, nobody cares or asked what you think of the price or where you think it's made