bob_G

Hummingbirds

Rate this topic

109 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2019 at 3:42 PM, KidDkivahh said:

I've had feeders out awhile got my first this morning in Sutton/Manchaug .

IMG_3600.JPG

IMG_3603.JPG

Your close by(oxford) I put mine out this week also.

Nothing yet but my bee balm is sprouting.....

We had one on Thursday eating whatever was left in the feeder over the winter.  Filled it up with fresh stuff but haven’t seen anything since.  Then again very easy to miss.

One or two have showed up at my feeders about 3-4 days ago.   Best time of the year when those guys show up here in New England.   And when they split the fishing has just begun to peak and will be over soon.   

1 min ago, flylikabird said:

One or two have showed up at my feeders about 3-4 days ago.   Best time of the year when those guys show up here in New England.   And when they split the fishing has just begun to peak and will be over soon.   

I never realized they nest up here. I thought they nested in S. America in the winter.

I observed a hummingbird nest two summers ago here in South Eastern Ma. I checked it out every other day or so. She had 3 eggs about the size of Tick Tacks!!! 

Took the sunflower seeds down a few weeks ago. Dug out the hummingbird feeders but haven't gotten around to putting them out yet. 

Thanks for the reminder.  

I've got the males flying around buzzzzzing around, doing their mating dance. Female just sitting there watching them make asses out of themselves!! Just like Humans.