coolhandfluke

gators being caught from deleware beaches ?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

5-10 lb blues from deleware beaches ?  I just got an email from a friend that lives there . is that odd ?  down there first ?  I know thanksgiving week is a popular time for them in the bay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you think that’s odd? Usually blues are right behind bass because they need warmer water, and stick around longer through the summer. A 5lb blue is a dink, a 10lb is hardly a gator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, coolhandfluke said:

5-10 lb blues from deleware beaches ?  I just got an email from a friend that lives there . is that odd ?  down there first ?  I know thanksgiving week is a popular time for them in the bay.

Thanks for the report. To bad your first two replies where critical. I read a lot of this on SOL not enough thanks and a lot of I know more than you know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chris koltz said:

Thanks for the report. To bad your first two replies where critical. I read a lot of this on SOL not enough thanks and a lot of I know more than you know. 

He was asking a question lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 mins ago, HighEndHooker said:

He was asking a question lol

 

9 hours ago, chris koltz said:

Thanks for the report. To bad your first two replies where critical. I read a lot of this on SOL not enough thanks and a lot of I know more than you know. 

Try to remember this isn't the Town forum.....diff attitude and much less nasty sarcasm and dealing the dozens[yo' mamma and mindless put downs...altho' some can be funny]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HighEndHooker said:

Why do you think that’s odd? Usually blues are right behind bass because they need warmer water, and stick around longer through the summer. A 5lb blue is a dink, a 10lb is hardly a gator

because I didn't know is why I asked.  I didn't know they migrate like stripers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, riggler said:

those 3 to 5 pounders are good eatin

They make better fertilizer, I usually only keep a few a year, some for the garden and a few for mako bait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 mins ago, Fi**** 2 said:

They make better fertilizer, I usually only keep a few a year, some for the garden and a few for mako bait.

 

You just don't know how to cook, Blues are delicious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HighEndHooker said:

Why do you think that’s odd? Usually blues are right behind bass because they need warmer water, and stick around longer through the summer. A 5lb blue is a dink, a 10lb is hardly a gator

 

It's odd because they don't normally get 10 pound blue fish in large numbers.   last i checked they have had bad  springs nothing like we see up here.  The usualblue fish there are about 20 inches and smaller. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last few years, it's been more like middle of May, so yes, maybe a little early.

Last year, seemed like not so many. The couple of years before that, there were nice runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite bluefish recipe:

Place wet plank of cedar on grill, place blue on cedar plank, cook 20 minutes, remove bluefish from grill and throw it in the garbage, season cedar plank and eat it.

Seriously I have tried everything I can to get Blues to taste edible, haven't been able to stomach them at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually like fresh blue fish. If you freeze it feed it to the dogs! 

I cutout all the dark meat off before cooking. That is what holds the nasty taste .

I use lemon, garlic powder or fresh garlic if i have it, tomato , onion and Adobo seasoning. putin foil and bbq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.