jettyjockey18

Almost turkey time...

Rate this topic

147 posts in this topic

50 mins ago, CcCstriper89 said:

You take your turkey serious that is about 2 hours earlier than I’ll be in the woods 

Turkey hunting is my life. :heart:

I don’t know, I am sitting in my blind with a heater running. Everything is perfect (less a turkey)

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

Turkey huntin aint easy.

20190429_054443.jpg

I will say a prayer for you this morning that the wood gods send you a Tom your way so that you can go home with a smile of your face . Be sure to check yourself for those ticks of the woods upon getting home, looks like a good place to have a few hide on your clothes :howdy:

Bob, far be it for me to question a turkey hunter, but shouldn't that white beard of yours also be under the cover of the camo hoodie your wearing? 

54 mins ago, Joe G said:

Bob, far be it for me to question a turkey hunter, but shouldn't that white beard of yours also be under the cover of the camo hoodie your wearing? 

A selfie while turkey hunting...……………………….

18 hours ago, Joe G said:

And speaking of turkeys.....saw a big tom this AM......route 3 south bound on my way from Boston to Wally World and Market Basket in Plymouth......it tried to cross the road.....unfortunately, only made it one third across.....beautiful plumage.......sad.    :angel: 

Shredded  Tweet???????????????????

2 hours ago, Joe G said:

Joe,

The oldest, biggest, smartest toms have the longest beards. Besides being a good caller, I want to show any potential birds I'm in solidarity with them. Can't hurt.:naughty:

I almost got it done this morning. After nothing at the first spot I took a 10 minute ride down the road to another around 830. I wasn’t in the woods 10 minutes before I had one gobbling inside 100 yds from me. I took a seat and hit the call a couple more times and before I knew it the bird had  got right on top of me. The problem was he came in further to my right than I was ready for and couldn’t swing my gun on him. He busted me at 20 yds while I tried to get into a better position and ran off. 

I was at the Chu this AM, and they were gobbling like crazy in the woods for a few mins around 5:30 AM, then they just stopped. This was on private land, not res'y land. Never heard any more gobbling for the rest of the morning, just one gun shot way off in the opposite direction.