Surf rod selection help

Rate this topic

Jsnake4

Still researching buying my next surf rod to pair up with a Slammer 3 4500. Want to be able to walk Jersey open beaches throwing mainly 1/2 to around 2 oz. Summer flounder and smaller blues and stripers. Was originally thinking 8’ rod like a St croix avid surf but then saw the Lamiglas GSB 1081L which is a 9’ that looks like a great all around rod that people love. I already have a older surf and jetty xs91mhs and a conventional 10’ St croix Ben doerr 1-3. What do you think would be a good choice for the lighter all around stuff?  Was thinking a FSC 1086 but think they are out of business. Thanks guys

I would go with a 9'.  That is what I have paired with my slammer 3 4500.  Anyone of those brands you listed are fine rods.  It would be best to get to some tackle shops that have what you think you might want and see and feel the rod in person.

“All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you.”

2 mins ago, SurffisherMike said:

the gsb108l or glb108m or fsc1086 are all great for what you want. FSC did go out of business but John still has some inventory if your interested reach out to him

Reach out to John?  Contact info. Would love to reach out. 

1 hour ago, SurffisherMike said:

the gsb108l or glb108m or fsc1086 are all great for what you want. FSC did go out of business but John still has some inventory if your interested reach out to him

Is $340 picked up for a Raptor with no warranty worth it. I really was wanting one.