Sig 365 good accessories

Rate this topic

night owl

My Sig 365 just became a whole lot more awesome with these two accessories. So I thought I'd share.

Try a Hogue overmold grip or a Pearce grip mag extension or BOTH. All I gotta say is WOW! These accessories are priceless to me. It's now the most comfortable handgun I've ever felt. And that's coming from someone who has worked at a gunshop. 

I understand that all of our hands are different. But the grip on this handgun is SMALL! Good for a woman. My hands are large. My pinky has no purchase with the flush plate mag and only a partial purchase with the factory mag extension. Now I have FULL purchase. And the Hogue rubber grip makes it SOOOO comfortable! 

I'd think a lot of you guys have the same issue I had. One or both of these accessories could make a huge difference for you. Keep it in mind. :th:

20190408_235433.jpg

Edited by night owl

3 hours ago, night owl said:

My Sig 365 just became a whole lot more awesome with these two accessories. So I thought I'd share.

Try a Hogue overmold grip or a Pearce grip mag extension or BOTH. All I gotta say is WOW! These accessories are priceless to me. It's now the most comfortable handgun I've ever felt. And that's coming from someone who has worked at a gunshop. 

I understand that all of our hands are different. But the grip on this handgun is SMALL! Good for a woman. My hands are large. My pinky has no purchase with the flush plate mag and only a partial purchase with the factory mag extension. Now I have FULL purchase. And the Hogue rubber grip makes it SOOOO comfortable! 

I'd think a lot of you guys have the same issue I had. One or both of these accessories could make a huge difference for you. Keep it in mind. :th:

20190408_235433.jpg

I did a quick Google on both of those and have 2 questions

1. Does the Hogue grip just slip on and stay in place alone or does it need some type of adhesive?

2. How hard is it to install the Pearce mag extension? I'm up there in age and my manual dexterity with my hands is not what it once was.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

6 hours ago, night owl said:

20190408_235433.jpg

Absolutely understand the grip extension makes control that much easier.  That said, doesn't it also sorta defeat the compact size and easy to conceal idea?  Looks like you're adding nearly an inch to the overall height making it easier to print...  Just talking out loud

The wheels on my reels go round and round...round and round...round and round...

2 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

I did a quick Google on both of those and have 2 questions

1. Does the Hogue grip just slip on and stay in place alone or does it need some type of adhesive?

2. How hard is it to install the Pearce mag extension? I'm up there in age and my manual dexterity with my hands is not what it once was.

If I may...

The Hogue grip can be a pain to install but they are tenacious as hell...no slip on that grip.

The Pearce Mag Ext on my Walther is a push button deal.  Takes more than a ball point pen to depress the small button but almost anything else works fine.  Again, that's on a Walther though.

The wheels on my reels go round and round...round and round...round and round...

3 mins ago, mako20ft said:

Absolutely understand the grip extension makes control that much easier.  That said, doesn't it also sorta defeat the compact size and easy to conceal idea?  Looks like you're adding nearly an inch to the overall height making it easier to print...  Just talking out loud

Probably does but in a small way I would think. I just can't visualize it making much of a difference in concealment and a big difference in handling.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

mako is correct , if i use the mag extender with a kydex holster it will print at least for me. what i don't like about the mag. extender is  yes i can get my pinky on  the grips it makes it harder for me to drop the mag. oh and i'm in RI so no 10 round limit i'll use the 12 rd.mag with makes it about the same size but with 2 more rounds. 

1 hour ago, big popper said:

mako is correct , if i use the mag extender with a kydex holster it will print at least for me. what i don't like about the mag. extender is  yes i can get my pinky on  the grips it makes it harder for me to drop the mag. oh and i'm in RI so no 10 round limit i'll use the 12 rd.mag with makes it about the same size but with 2 more rounds. 

Please bear in mind...I'm not harping on the Sig pistol.  By all accounts it's the cat's ass.  I had the same question with the PPK.  Practice equals finger rest magazine, 380 blow back gets snappy after awhile.  When carrying though it's with a flush mag...with the Walther it's the same capacity.

My P365 sits in a desk drawer right next to me fully loaded with spare magazines. With 2 young grandchildren in the house, one of which does not know the meaning of "don't touch" it's imperative that I keep them locked up but readily available. I have a small V-Line pistol box with a simplex lock that keeps them out. It's not as strong as my Fort Knox pistol box but it's far stronger and better than anything Cabelas sells. There is no way in hell my grandkids will get in it unless I forget to lock it. There isn't much room for anything else yet it's the biggest and strongest I could find that would fit in my drawer.

5cbf6fd200629_SigP365007.JPG.4de1c39a085865253db9080a82178a35.JPG5cbf6ff32efe6_SigP365011.JPG.58c6a9629accc696c78d86dbee288be4.JPG5cbf703bce8ec_SigP365011.JPG.e90fa100b7808793498e16ac2d2316c6.JPG

I bought a used P365 magazine on ebay this morning for $20 plus tax, free shipping. There is another, same person I think, for the same price. https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIG-SAUER-P365-FLUSH-MAGAZINE/293060405417?hash=item443bc2e8a9:g:SyMAAOSwJaxcL8iB

He has a 100% ebay rating.

I just checked again, he has a bunch for sale, more than 10. Even used $20 each is cheap.

Edited by Bass Ackwards