Deep Hole

First humming Birds of the season!!

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

I always have a bunch of Hummingbird feeds out to watch these wonderful little creatures!!. Well, I looked at a Hummingbird MIGRATION map this weekend and saw there had already been some Hummer sightings in the Ma. area. I Put the feeders out yesterday and saw my first hummer of the season this morning!!! I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of this Male Rubythroat Hummer. I'll attach one the first chance I get to capture a picture. A SURE SIGN OF AN EARLY SPRING/ STRIPER SEASON!! (I HOPE)

17 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Need to do a good cleaning of my feeders,

Just soap and water???

I would just soak them in hot water.

I've read in a number of places to never use anything but just water to clean feeders. The hummers are very sensitive to soap and cleaning products. I just wipe them down with water and I have gotten some small brushes from Amazon made just for cleaning the opening on Flowers on Hummingbird feeders. 

I'm in Blackstone MA and have been visited a few times already. Got a super cool slow mo vid ( I had to lay on the floor of my porch to get it) Going to see if I can figure how to get it off my phone to here.

6 hours ago, Rlan401 said:

I'm in Blackstone MA and have been visited a few times already. Got a super cool slow mo vid ( I had to lay on the floor of my porch to get it) Going to see if I can figure how to get it off my phone to here.

Post it up, :rav:Brother...

I usually wait til May 1st to hang my feeders. If others are seeing early arrivals, I might as well start the beaked bumble season today!

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, Deep Hole said:

I've read in a number of places to never use anything but just water to clean feeders. The hummers are very sensitive to soap and cleaning products. I just wipe them down with water and I have gotten some small brushes from Amazon made just for cleaning the opening on Flowers on Hummingbird feeders. 

Mine seem like they need more to clean them.

34 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

I usually wait til May 1st to hang my feeders. If others are seeing early arrivals, I might as well start the beaked bumble season today!

giphy.gif

Is that the ring feeder? I bought my mom one.

2 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Is that the ring feeder? I bought my mom one.

Stock GIF, looks like a hand/ring set up though. I wouldn't mind trying one myself.

Everytime I try to upload the file from my phone it says there was a problem. Is there a better way to do it? The vid is 40 seconds long.