fishguts430

Lowrance help

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys I got my lowrance hook2 5 hooked up and it works great and shows great picture while pedaling. But as soon as I get to structure I want to jig as i look at the fish finder the picture just turns to mush and lines and not readable. As soon as i start moving the structure shows up clear again. Is there anyway to fix this or do i always have to be on the move to keep the picture looking good

doesnt make sense. I have Hook 2 5 TS- I bought the (can't remember the name- but it is an adapter to get the transducer down below the hull so the side  scan can work) and have not had any issues at all.  May want to call lowrance tech service and ask them. 

Are you sure there isn’t some obstruction caught between the mounting plate and transducer? Maybe for whatever reason when you’re moving it moves out of the way?

If you call lowrance tech support they should be able to tell you how to reboot the unit. That is the normal fix

for most problems.  Caution you may lose your setting.  I would definitely check for obstrucitons as stated by 

drmevo.

I have the same set up. So far it works perfectly. Did you use a zip tie on the back of the transducer? It holds it tight to the gardian plate.Im not sure if that would make a difference or not.

36 mins ago, East Ender said:

I have the same set up. So far it works perfectly. Did you use a zip tie on the back of the transducer? It holds it tight to the gardian plate.Im not sure if that would make a difference or not.

Could you elaborated what you mean? I tightened the transducer tight not to sure what tiy mean about the zip tie. I think mine may be up a half inch or so from the guardian

2 hours ago, East Ender said:

I drilled 2 holes in the guardian plate and attached a zip tie from the inside. 

20190423_165431.jpg

I took another look at mine. The transducer was at an angle maybe 10-12 degrees i guess from being to tight. I lossned and put a zip tie on it to keep it flat against the guardian bracket. I will see if that works in a few days