New species!

Rate this topic

bassturds

I went fishing at your spot again the other night and caught a bunch of eels, brown bullhead, and this 22 inch monster. When I first hooked him, he fought hard. I thought I had a striper. 10PM seemed to be the sweet spot. I couldn't leave a rod alone without getting a bite. If a rod wasn't shuddering from a catfish, that meant that I had an eel (and those dang things swallow my circle hooks and don't stop squirming long enough to dehook)

Was this a channel cat or a very large white cat? The anal fin is rounded and the tail isn't deeply forked, so it doesn't look like a channel to me. Had a really wide bulbous head. (size 13 shoe for size comparison)

69316140_925561091126635_843256763451965

Edited by EchoSierra

On 8/30/2019 at 7:01 AM, EchoSierra said:

I went fishing at your spot again the other night and caught a bunch of eels, brown bullhead, and this 22 inch monster. When I first hooked him, he fought hard. I thought I had a striper. 10PM seemed to be the sweet spot. I couldn't leave a rod alone without getting a bite. If a rod wasn't shuddering from a catfish, that meant that I had an eel (and those dang things swallow my circle hooks and don't stop squirming long enough to dehook)

Was this a channel cat or a very large white cat? The anal fin is rounded and the tail isn't deeply forked, so it doesn't look like a channel to me. Had a really wide bulbous head. (size 13 shoe for size comparison)

69316140_925561091126635_843256763451965

Wow that’s big white. Not sure if there’s channels in there. Ill ask my buddy who showed me that spot