bassturds

New species!

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Last weekend got out after some new species! Went with my buddy for some white cats on Friday night! We got 6 each! We also caught a bullhead, eel and a perch! 

Saturday I went down to RI for opening day! We wanted to chase the elusive stocked trout as well as bass! Super pumped! Got my first golden rainbow! I forget the other name for it!  My buddy and I both caught our firsts! We got some rainbows to! 

Great weekend!  2 new species crossed off the bucket list 

2D3E6B39-9A00-488E-A091-AE9A7049AC01.jpeg

26B0009E-1DC0-4313-A373-85CCD2233004.jpeg

AFDE9B00-5958-42CA-AE05-A0C9FF9E097F.jpeg

12 hours ago, bassturds said:

Last weekend got out after some new species! Went with my buddy for some white cats on Friday night! We got 6 each! We also caught a bullhead, eel and a perch! 

Saturday I went down to RI for opening day! We wanted to chase the elusive stocked trout as well as bass! Super pumped! Got my first golden rainbow! I forget the other name for it!  My buddy and I both caught our firsts! We got some rainbows to! 

Great weekend!  2 new species crossed off the bucket list 

2D3E6B39-9A00-488E-A091-AE9A7049AC01.jpeg

26B0009E-1DC0-4313-A373-85CCD2233004.jpeg

AFDE9B00-5958-42CA-AE05-A0C9FF9E097F.jpeg

Congrats on the golden. I always wanted to catch one. I saw one on FB the other day but wasn't sure if it was caught in this state? I wonder which hatchery raises the goldens?

Ri is the closest state and I think the only one in New England to stock them! It would be really cool if Ma could do the same! 

Im really happy to catch one!! 

2 hours ago, bassturds said:

Ri is the closest state and I think the only one in New England to stock them! It would be really cool if Ma could do the same! 

Im really happy to catch one!! 

I caught one in a Lynn, MA  pond  (spot burn)  back in the mid 80s on a single salmon egg.....

over 2 lbs

Sunapee trout are little.  The other name for the golden rainbow is a palomino trout.  They raise and stock them a lot in Pennsylvania.

34 mins ago, buz23 said:

Sunapee trout are little.  The other name for the golden rainbow is a palomino trout.  They raise and stock them a lot in Pennsylvania.

Thank you.  I think there's another "golden trout" out West, but I've forgotten where. 

3 hours ago, Joe G said:

That bridge and spot looks very familiar.   ;)

WE caught a horn pout and cat fish from that area with shrimp back in another time.

17 hours ago, robc22 said:

Love your enthusiasm bud!.......:) 

Thanks bud! 

18 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Thank you.  I think there's another "golden trout" out West, but I've forgotten where. 

Yep there’s a golden trout out west I believe in the Rockies! 

22 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Is this trout the one that was once called the Sunapee trout? 

Sunapee trout are a rare trout from lake Sunapee in NH. I believe they were called blue back trout! I also believe there’s a few places in Maine where they live! Rare New England species!