Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coolhandfluke

phillies ????

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

well before the season started I said they would have to win every game 8-7 with there pitching they have.  well I didn't take in account the bats would go silent.

the pitching has and looks like it will be there downfall.things could turn around. they could sign kimbrell.or things stay they way they are and if it does , they will be hard pressed to win 80 games.  they spent for harper and wanted machado also.well he isn't here so spend the money for kimbrell and sure up the 8th and 9th innings.

Hopefully the offense can carry us.

Decent defensive team.

Seems like every pitcher on the team is

capable of throwing a good game or coming

unglued and getting shelled at any second. Be

great if they could find some consistency.

We shall see.

MB

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:54 AM, TheKnot said:

The boys in the Phillies  putting wood thread have all the answers but it's early.

We're over here now, thanks for having us. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

It'll be interesting to see how Phill's come out tonight. They were flat as a pancake last night. But then again so were the Mets, except the arms..

Edited by phishallways

I can't watch the games any longer: the Phillies average game time this year is 3:23, and that is way too long, at least for me.

If I wanted to stand around and watch a bunch of men stare into space, I'd go to the OTB. I am out. :wave:

Posted (edited) · Report post

After Mondays game, that's what the Philly's bring? Well, I'm not even sure the throwing over someone's head will get Phill's motivated. Didn't look like it, as the Mets looked more willing to back their pitcher..

Today is early, but It's a big gut check for philly. I think Vargas is up-our#5.

Edited by phishallways

I'm not a Kapler fan.

But his starting pitching hasn't been anywhere near as good as expected or last year. He over uses the bull pen with all this analytic BS but the starters need to go longer so he doesn't have to use pen EVERY freaking night.

The hitting is down but maybe the injuries they've had early has changed the line up and the pitchers have worked around and through the line up where they couldn't early. They were not going to keep up the first week hitting pace.

Pitching is an issue, but it was an issue in 2008 as well. Hopefully, as Charlie used to say, it’ll be hitting season soon and the offense will carry them. Just have to avoid all these injuries too!