Firinne

Poor Kate Smith

Rate this topic

397 posts in this topic

I did have a point to make here on this topic. First this is my stance, you shouldn't judge someone on something that happened another lifetime ago. Kate Smith did a tremendous job of supporting our troops by raising 100's of millions of dollars during WWII and even won the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

So she sings a satirical song about slavery in 1931 that noted civil rights activist Paul Robeson also sang (see above) but she's labeled a racist and now she's banded from being played in several sports venues and even has her statue covered up in Philly.

If your okay with this then where do you stand with people that actually owned slaves another lifetime ago? I think its easy to see where I'm going with this.

1 min ago, Firinne said:

I did have a point to make here on this topic. First this is my stance, you shouldn't judge someone on something that happened another lifetime ago. Kate Smith did a tremendous job of supporting our troops by raising 100's of millions of dollars during WWII and even won the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

So she sings a satirical song about slavery in 1931 that noted civil rights activist Paul Robeson also sang (see above) but she's labeled a racist and now she's banded from being played in several sports venues and even has her statue covered up in Philly.

If your okay with this then where do you stand with people that actually owned slaves another lifetime ago? I think its easy to see where I'm going with this.

Forget about using logic -- the PC police want scalps.

It's idiotic, but there's no sense in fighting it. I don't blame the Flyers for cutting bait -- the hassle is not worth it.

1 min ago, Firinne said:

12 US Presidents were slave owners

So was William Penn. 

How long till the SJWs start clamoring for Billy Penn to be taken down from atop City Hall? 

I'll hang up and wait for an answer. :waiting:

The picture of slave owners are on our paper currency, metal currency too. All currency should be immediately destroyed, send it to me and I'll destroy it for you free of charge. :beers:

32 mins ago, Firinne said:

Kate Smith did a tremendous job of supporting our troops by raising 100's of millions of dollars during WWII and even won the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

How long before the demands that those racist troops at Arlington are dug up and moved?

When the U.S. entered World War II, Jim Crow segregation had permeated every aspect of American society. When black men volunteered for duty or were drafted, they were assigned to segregated divisions and often given combat support roles, such as cook, quartermaster and grave-digging duty. According to British personnel in the BEF, meals in the US Army were served with the white servicemen being served in one line and the black servicemen and officers in another.[citation needed] Because of black protests against the Army's treatment of its black soldiers, military leadership began to attempt to address the issue beginning in 1943, but segregation in the armed forces remained official policy until 1948.

Edited by SB59

6 hours ago, Belmo said:

So was William Penn. 

How long till the SJWs start clamoring for Billy Penn to be taken down from atop City Hall? 

I'll hang up and wait for an answer. :waiting:

Sounds like you guys might need a state renaming. How bout north Florida?

20 hours ago, Firinne said:

12 US Presidents were slave owners

they've been given a pass on this, something to the effect of the good they did for the country outweighs the fact they owned slaves ...

in reality, I think the PC police know they can't erase past presidents from the history books...all others are fair game though...