bob_G

A new batch of fresh stripers

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

Got an email early this AM. Apparently another batch of fresh fish were taken.  All small, bright and lively. Without being too specific as to location, the initials are MV. 

It won't be long until they're on the south facing beaches and b bay, if they're not here already. ;)

Good to hear! Cant wait for some new arrival stripers. But I will say the holdovers so far have been much fresher/brighter and livelier than most years.  I'm guessing mostly due to mild winter.

1 hour ago, Chris76 said:

Good to hear! Cant wait for some new arrival stripers. But I will say the holdovers so far have been much fresher/brighter and livelier than most years.  I'm guessing mostly due to mild winter.

The local scribe announced in the local paper as well as the ON The Water Report that for the most part what every one is seeing is local holdovers . With the uptick in the weather however the migrating fish should be here by the end of the week 

Posted (edited) · Report post

My fruen2d wouldn't go out if his way to lie to me, nor would perpetuate it by posting it here.

Perhaps the local scribe should get out from behind his typewriter and try his hand at fishing. Me also thinks that you're bias towards OTW is showing, given you occasionally write for them.  :)

Edited by bob_G

Posted (edited) · Report post

22 mins ago, bob_G said:

My friend wouldn't go out if his way to lie to me, nor would perpetuate it by posting it here.

Perhaps the local scribe should get out from behind his typewriter and try his hand at fishing. Me also thinks that you're bias towards OTW is showing, given you occasionally write for them.  :)

Edited by bob_G

19 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

…….The local scribe announced in the local paper...

8 mins ago, bob_G said:

……..

Perhaps the local scribe should get out from behind his typewriter .......

Would this be Rob Conery you guys are referring to?

6 mins ago, Joe G said:

Would this be Rob Conery you guys are referring to?

Joe,

I have no idea who the local scribe is?

3 mins ago, bob_G said:

Joe,

Thanks Bob......I'm sure Carl has his name.

If it's Conery, I'll have something to say about him.

37 mins ago, bob_G said:

My fruen2d wouldn't go out if his way to lie to me, nor would perpetuate it by posting it here.

Perhaps the local scribe should get out from behind his typewriter and try his hand at fishing. Me also thinks that you're bias towards OTW is showing, given you occasionally write for them.  :)

:banghd::p:waah:

14 mins ago, Joe G said:

Thanks Bob......I'm sure Carl has his name.

If it's Conery, I'll have something to say about him.

The local hook who also is a member here did not report any schoolies around in his report today. He did say and agreed with several other local reports that Rhody does have schoolies in Rhody All of the reports from the local shops do not mention any schoolies in the normal places we would normally see them at One of the scribes is Conery who follows what OTW is reported as well . Bruce and A. J. Coots also were quoted, It is fun to read all of these reports to see who is right and so far the scribes are not false in my opinion .

Larry's Tackle Shop in Edgartown sponsors a first migratory bass contest. According to their facebook page a winner has indeed come forward in the last week.

32 mins ago, bob_G said:

Joe,

It may be a good idea to purchase a local paper and see for yourself what they are printing . If you want you could get the on line version. Then we could have a better opportunity to debate the issue from a more equal informed point of view. Just Saying

This goes on every year around here and was it not you that recently posted that not every one will agree on the subject matter and that is what makes this a great site to post on.

No one used the words you continue to use that any one is calling any one a liar or because I may have written a few articles for ANY ONE THAT MAKES ME BIASED.

The local shops in most cases will one of the first to announce any local migrating fish in our waters and given all of the activity now present in these places I am sure that some one would have been in touch with the media when it happens, like it has been for over 55 years now. This year will not be any different . Was it not two weeks ago or so that you posted here that we had fresh migrating schoolies and it was not confirmed ?

7 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

Larry's Tackle Shop in Edgartown sponsors a first migratory bass contest. According to their facebook page a winner has indeed come forward in the last week.

There you go. We have yet another confirmation. :)

5 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

So that now makes the probability on the Vineyard showing this week  a reality I would say  . We still have some time before they show here inside of Buzzards Bay . The weather will push things along much faster for sure now.

19 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

How would you tell a migratory fish from a bright local?  An E-Z pass account, or ... what?