cashews121

Knife Nuts

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

So I want an inexpensive fixed blade. I was wondering if there is something even less expensive than the Mora knives... any thoughts?

Edited by cashews121

32 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

I am fond of Ontario Knife Company's knives, though I do not know if they fit into your price point.

Find something from them on Amazon.

Moras can be as cheap as $10..

What do you want to use the knife for ? How large a blade do you want? Does it have to be rust resistant?  Seriously, the Mora knives offer a great value for what you’ll pay and you won’t feel bad if you lose it. 

55 mins ago, valentine said:

What do you want to use the knife for ? How large a blade do you want? Does it have to be rust resistant?  Seriously, the Mora knives offer a great value for what you’ll pay and you won’t feel bad if you lose it. 

Cutting bunker ,clam,etc

They sell knives at bait stores that look like retired meat packing knives..they gotta be cheap

I have a Mora in the kitchen that gets used daily it’s a sub $10 carbon knife but they have stainless about that price 

Here’s a picture of my Schrade 36f  with diy kydex sheath it’s $30 ish on amazon

A5115FDA-7E34-423E-90EE-11337FF731D0.jpeg

Cold steel point guard......discontinued....fixed blade...snap in sheath that can be used as a necker.

Big circle hole for your finger.  Full serrated or straight edge.....

I bought 5 paid like 10 buck a piece.

Doesn't dexter make something up that ally in a stainless blade vs high carbon

1 hour ago, cashews121 said:

Cutting bunker ,clam,etc

Go to any big box store and get a cheap stainless kitchen knife with a plastic handle.  I don’t know if you’re old enough, but in the 60’s and 70’s cheap kitchen knives were a common promotional item that was given away when you filled up at a gas station. I still have some of the original ones I got from back then. I’ve abused them for decades and they don’t rust or break and they keep cutting. Best utility knives for cheap are kitchen knives.

10 hours ago, bospa357 said:

Mora Knives are very good quality for the money. Do you honestly want a sub $10 knife?

I was wondering the same thing when he pointed out the cost of those knives 

7 hours ago, cashews121 said:

Cutting bunker ,clam,etc

I know you want cheap, but even when it comes to cutting up bait a quality knife is worth it in the long run.

Been using the same kabar bowie for years to not only cut bait fish, but also to clean fish, act as a spliting wedge, chop small logs, etc...

I just touch up the blade here and there and go at it some more.