yemista

Tog from shore

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Not heard anything, but with water temperature in upper bay  making 50 degrees and no spikes or dips, consistent 60deg+ weather, strong SW wind, and of course dandelions it could burst open anytime.

I'll be poking around for the next 2 days see what's going on at my usual spots.

May 4th 2017 was the earliest I've landed one... last year my first  was may 14th but last season was a cold and miserable spring ... I'm going to start poking around first week of may

This wind and 8 ft seas aren't going to help but I have a strong feeling they are close enough to reach. Had some recent reports in shallow water by boat.

Apparently "poachers' felt that the creel limit is a joke. 3 fish per person but keep 4 fish. One fella caught a short and threw it in his bucket but after awhile felt nervous about it then  toss it back in the water. Some guy caught his limit but since his friend has a license - He keep fishing in his place. He threaten me to call the fish police and was balls out saying he will pay the fine. What a joke man. I lost my mood right there and then. I try to remain calm before I end-up fighting with these people. Nobody has the right to try to verbal abuse me and their excuse was "Don't worry about it and mind your business. Sad day for spring tog- fishery esp the amount of fishing pressure it received everyday. 

The bite has been HOT for the past couple of days. A few buddies and I hit out limit within 2 hours of fishing. Throwing back 16s to keep the fatties.

On Friday I caught 3-4 "15 -15.5" all female and egg bearing. All was released. My first keeper was 16" and my last fish of the day max out of measuring device at 19"+ and 4.1 lbs. It seems a wave of shorts are now mix in and the bite has been more consistent once they start feeding aggressively but usually depends on the tide as well .  BTW " I witnessed the poachers again . I didn't bother to say crap because I was outnumbered  so I just kept my mouth shut and focus on catching legal size fish. Its shocking how people bring their catch back to their vehicle with a legal size fish and short fish all on the same stringer. Report for 5.10.19 upper bay from shore