Slowwwride

Bluefish

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

14 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

Why do peanuts go deep at night?

Careful...if you chum the waters with a that statement there could be a sudden influx of former 7z or refreshed C&Rz....or were you goin'for the?

Just now, MarkG said:

Careful...if you chum the waters with a that statement there could be a sudden influx of former 7z or refreshed C&Rz....or were you goin'for that?

Posted (edited) · Report post

i think because last year was cold and wet they went south. if you look at the three year patter they were slowly moving that way. The hot spot went belmar, barnegat, atlantic city. The last two years the summer time party boat bite was horrible and that was good even when the blue fish on the beach were only 20 inches.  

this is the moon they would have moved in on. if they are not here forget it. It will take two weeks for them to be aggressive but this is when they are racers and the tastiest. 

Edited by crazybellringer

17 hours ago, Slowwwride said:

Why don't they come in anymore.... used to be everywhere.

But they weren't. Those bites of 2 or 3 years ago weren't normal 5 or 6  years ago. 

I hope they show up in force as much as the next guy, but those banner years weren't normal IMO. You had days like that, but not weeks or even a month like that. 

We haven't had adult blue fish in SJ in many years. there used to be head boats night fishing for them, long gone. Still some snappers around during the summer around docks and what have you. Really underrated fish and wasted resource both commercially and recreational , personally I would like a moratorium on them for few years till their range is extended.