jkrock

I hate boats

Rate this topic

127 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 4/19/2019 at 5:18 PM, makorider said:

Project or not, they are all black holes.

Jump in

I guess buying a boat it like getting married. You have to be in love and you have to be committed. It’s gonna cost big bucks either way, so if you are not in love you are just gonna be miserable. 

Just upgraded my electronics 

yay

can’t wait til my wife sees that bill

Edited by JohnP

3 mins ago, JohnP said:

I guess buying a boat it like getting married. You have to be in love and you have to be committed. It’s gonna cost big bucks either way, so if you are not in love you are just gonna be miserable. 

yay

You are doing it all wrong.

You just bought safety equipment.  Unless of course, your wife just took out a big insurance policy on you.  In that case you bought stuff that will allow you to go much further out in bad conditions.

23 mins ago, makorider said:

You are doing it all wrong.

You just bought safety equipment.  Unless of course, your wife just took out a big insurance policy on you.  In that case you bought stuff that will allow you to go much further out in bad conditions.

Good Point 

its just safety equipment any sensible captain would have at a bare minimum 

I just blew the motor on my smaller center console which i loved and my wife hated. I bought it beat up and spent a winter fixing it, a summer using it, and just overheated it a few weeks ago. Cost of rebuild vs something else = a new to me trophy 1802 cuddy walk around. Cheaply built boat but for what I paid + getting more room and seats made the wife happy and Im back on the water so im happy. My savings not so much. 

On 6/19/2019 at 0:02 PM, JohnP said:

yay

That is why the boat needs to have its own bank account.

sam

Epoxied the floor boards yesterday and today. Hoping today's coat dries before the t-storms later today as it is spread out in my backyard.

Epoxy drying on plywood doesn't make for an interesting photo, so no pics to post.  Hoping to start reassembling over the next week,  time and weather permitting, so I'll try to post some more pictures as I make progress