bob_G

Your personal physician's tick protocol

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

23 mins ago, shark lobster said:

The treated cloths are way worse than thr tick bite as you perspire your skins opens up allowing all that chemical ingo your system

That's my fear.

"Less than 1% of the permethrin put on the skin of people was taken into the body."  

If you directly spray it on your skin, less than 1% enters your body.  Once it's on your boots/outside of your clothes, and dry, it does not enter you skin.   

Considering I have Chronic Lyme and it has severely impacted my quality of life, I can GUARANTEE you would not rather take your chances with a tick.  100% lock of the century.  

Not to mention the Lone Star Tick, which will make you allergic to red meat, and unable to eat it.  I'd eat a bullet before becoming a vegan!  :laugh:

Spent the morning at the walk in clinic this morning after my wife spotted on me last night.  Quick Dose of antibiotics and I was off.

Regarding removal: I recently purchased a tick twister off amazon, $5 and easiest removal yet.

17 hours ago, shark lobster said:

Thats what they say ! Same people said deet wont hurt you either! Ill pass on any chemicals !

That's another one I worry about. Been spraying that stuff on myself for years. 

Any thoughts on who gets bit and who doesn't? My son spent the summer fishing the rivers with his bud. They were in some knarly areas deep in the woods. 

His buddy gets home and has 4 ticks on him my son none. As the summer goes on his friend continues to get many ticks and my son zero. His friend is light skinned like a vampire and my son dark Italian tanned from cutting lawns all summer. 

On 4/21/2019 at 3:20 PM, buz23 said:

The real little ones (only six legs) called larva aren't a problem because they haven't had a blood meal yet and thus can not have been infected themselves. 

This fact seems to have been overlooked here. We have been bitten numerous times over the years and the first thing which we are sure to do is to remove the tick by grasping it by the mouthparts, not by the body.  Very sharp, precise tweezers work for us along with a small magnifier we keep both at home and in our vehicle.  Even if we need to leave the tick attached until we get  home for this removal method, we do so.

We then look closely under a magnifier and if there are only 6 legs (larval stage) on the tick then we have nothing to worry about and we are put at ease.  At least 50% of our bites have been from tick larvae, not nymphs or adults.  No Lyme in larval stage ticks.  

I hope this information will put at least someone here at ease the next time you are bitten by a larval stage tick.

2 hours ago, MattituckMike said:

This fact seems to have been overlooked here. We have been bitten numerous times over the years and the first thing which we are sure to do is to remove the tick by grasping it by the mouthparts, not by the body.  Very sharp, precise tweezers work for us along with a small magnifier we keep both at home and in our vehicle.  Even if we need to leave the tick attached until we get  home for this removal method, we do so.

We then look closely under a magnifier and if there are only 6 legs (larval stage) on the tick then we have nothing to worry about and we are put at ease.  At least 50% of our bites have been from tick larvae, not nymphs or adults.  No Lyme in larval stage ticks.  

I hope this information will put at least someone here at ease the next time you are bitten by a larval stage tick.

THANKS IT IS GOOD TO SEE some one who is willing to share how to identify , remove ticks, but in my case any bite has its consequences, no matter tick, spider, ant for what ever reason. AS for now I am on a low dose diox for life. so I get a head start if the dose needs to be increased from an infection. 

What ever happened to plain old common sense first aid??????????? Clean the wound, sterilize and cover...………….  Pick off the little bugger, (that wouldn't be there if you used the right repellent) little dab of Bacitrason and a band aid and off you go...………..