Harf

Why are Journalists so Hated?

Rate this topic

126 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ccb said:

If you owned a New Paper and was looking for a couple of reporters, would you be looking for good reporters that stated the facts  and make a name for your paper or reporters that lied ? 

Most good reporters would want to get the facts and make a name for themselves. 

Thats why I believe?   

Watch one of those montages where they flip across a dizzying array of local news stations all delivering the same exact line. You start out laughing and then after fifteen to twenty clips, the panic starts setting in. Real panic.

I heard it happen on election night. They were on the TV at work, and then I went out to my car for meal, and they were delivering the same exact thought about uneducated white voters on the radio out in the car. You didn't see that in print the next day? The newspaper owner looks for a couple of "reporters", not reporters.

Then I went back in and they had sent Michael Strahan home. Don't know what the big guy did with all the time he was scheduled to dance around on the giant floor map and gloat. So it got a little funny again.

7 hours ago, RiverRaider said:

John Solomon and Sara Carter still have integrity after this... can we name another journalist who got through this  unscatheed?

There must be more right? 

7 hours ago, RiverRaider said:

Not at all but if that's your response.... okay :laugh:

Now I'll ask you to come up with an something not factual or bogus or misleading that either reported

Can you? 

Ask them about bill browder. Ask them about the creation of the Magnitsky Act. Ask them about the amendments to the Magnitsky Act. 

But, first, find out for yourself, so as to know who they favor when they don't answer your questions.

MSM is an echo chamber of propaganda. It needs no old school journalist, just people with magnetic personality to read the same script selected daily. Attacks are the narrative. Those in defense are guilty before proven 'so yesterday'.

4 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

Why would I lead a charge?  You people are fine with the First Amendment being used a shield for fraudsters to lie to you and try to deceive you.  Instead of exacting vengeance on those who lie, people instead adopt an attitude like "let the buyer beware."  I say "let the liar beware," but that's not how you see it, so fine, you go live happily ever after being lied to if you want.

I'm going fishing, and have no interest in leading a charge for your benefit.  We reap what we sow, and you guys seem to be fine with being lied to.  So be it.

You said you want to murder people (or have them murdered I guess) because they lied.... I’m not happy with the current state of the media, but that is some un-American, third-world dictator-style BS you’re espousing.

If the government can kill people in the media for lying, do you think we’ll ever see anything critical of the gov again? Would there ever be real investigative journalism getting to the bottom of gov corruption? That’s (one reason) why we have the first amendment. I’m surprised this has to be explained.

23 mins ago, drmevo said:

You said you want to murder people (or have them murdered I guess) because they lied.... 

I don't think he said anything about murdering anyone, although i certainly approve. 

That's what happens when the media becomes a 24/7 nonstop propaganda outlet for hate whitey. 

9 mins ago, drmevo said:

You said you want to murder people (or have them murdered I guess) because they lied.... I’m not happy with the current state of the media, but that is some un-American, third-world dictator-style BS you’re espousing.

If the government can kill people in the media for lying, do you think we’ll ever see anything critical of the gov again? Would there ever be real investigative journalism getting to the bottom of gov corruption? That’s (one reason) why we have the first amendment. I’m surprised this has to be explained.

What I want is for all advertising and "news" to be treated as "under oath."

Vince from Shamwow should be in jail for showing his towel suck liquid through a rug, resulting in a completely dry floor.

Hannity should go to jail for saying "Hillary sold 25% of our Uranium to the Russians."

Not for years.  We can do 1 week as a starter, and go up from there, after a jury trial, and the whole "Due Process" 9 yards.

I'm not advocating that we ignore our legal system.  I just want to change it up a bit.  I hate fraud.  I hate lying.  I hate deceit.  People in positions of power and influence should be afraid to commit those things.  They're not, and that's why they do it.

"Opinion" is another matter entirely.  I have no issue with people giving "opinions."

5 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

I don't think he said anything about murdering anyone, although i certainly approve. 

That's what happens when the media becomes a 24/7 nonstop propaganda outlet for hate whitey. 

Somewhere I did.  Definitely, but I meant it as a death penalty after a trial, not in a "secret police execution" kind of thing.

10 hours ago, saltydawg said:

I think you are conflating journalists and media members in general

fair point

10 hours ago, saltydawg said:

It’s because news outlets have made no effort to distinguish news and journalism from editorial commentary. They have blurred the line and often pretend they are one in the same. 

And an excellent point.

12 hours ago, FishinMortician said:

The media have always offered a biased slant to the news. Thomas Paine for example. In the early days of broadcast tv, the networks were subsidized by the government to offer news to the viewers. In the years since, it has turned into each presenting their own version of the news.

During Kennedy, journalists protected him from embarrassment, and bragged about having done so after his death.  However, they hated Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush, Bush, and now Trump. There has not been a president in my lifetime that could be both intelligent and a Republican. The media tricked people into believing horrible things about these men, many of which they themselves made up on the spot.

I have never much cared, and even saw it as an advantage. Knowing the media is out to smear you helps keep you honest and trying. Now the media did not do Obama right. Nope they pretended everything was great. The genius of Obama could only truly be seen by the very brightest of people, as the remainder were assured. But in lavishing praise needlessly, they gave him all the confidence he needed to begin an illegal program of spying, including the Republican National Campaign Headquarters. He had no need to accomplish anything. He just himmed and hawed his way through it all, assured the media would make a great report.

When I watch Fox, I know they will give me some bias. When I watch CNN I know they will give me fake news. I think there is a difference.

Excellent post. ^^^^

10 hours ago, ccb said:

it al comes down to the side your on?

you hate the other side because you don’t agree with them 

An American that votes opposite of me (the other side), I don't hate in any way whatsoever. Disappointed? Yes. Hope to convince otherwise? Sure.

You have unwittingly revealed the real issue. Gotta ask ccb, I voted Trump 2016 and will again 2020- do you hate me?

9 hours ago, Nessmuk said:

But it's worse than that.  They lie.  They lie and then push an agenda as surely as any propagandist.

Would any of us invite a person who behaves like this to a Barbecue or Neighborhood party.  It would be the same as accepting poor behavior and reflect poorly on the Host.

“A lie doesn’t become truth, wrong doesn’t become right, and evil doesn’t become good, just because it’s accepted by a majority.” Booker T. Washington

7 hours ago, ken r said:

Excellent post. ^^^^

An American that votes opposite of me (the other side), I don't hate in any way whatsoever. Disappointed? Yes. Hope to convince otherwise? Sure.

You have unwittingly revealed the real issue. Gotta ask ccb, I voted Trump 2016 and will again 2020- do you hate me?

I don't hate anyone. It’s your Right 

this is America.  It’s not Russia 

I do see some hate on the Reps side. They name call like there president , when there losing the battle   They call us losers , snowflakes , stupid and others but it doeesn’t bother me  I don’t see the Dems name calling.  They give the  fish’n Magician a hard time , but I have to say he’s very civil and has a lot of good points.  Other also   But they don’t want to hear it. 

I think in the end we all want the same thing,   a better life. And not just for the rich. 

They alway bring up the Clinton’s , I don’t see the Dems bring up Nixon 

There is good and bad in everything? 

We should focus on the good. 

5 mins ago, ccb said:

I don’t see the Dems name calling.

That flat faced Muslim woman Talib called Donald Trump a mother f'er.  Did you not see that?  Let me know and I can get the video for you.  Then you can see it.

I will use this opportuntity to discuss name calling by leftists, with emphasis on journalists in keeping with the thread.  Great isea ccb.  We can do this for the next several days.

And again, in fairness, IF anyone cites name calling you have not "seen" please let us know and we will provide the content.

12 mins ago, Little said:

That flat faced Muslim woman Talib called Donald Trump a mother f'er.  Did you not see that?  Let me know and I can get the video for you.  Then you can see it.

I will use this opportuntity to discuss name calling by leftists, with emphasis on journalists in keeping with the thread.  Great isea ccb.  We can do this for the next several days.

And again, in fairness, IF anyone cites name calling you have not "seen" please let us know and we will provide the content.

I was talking about this site 

19 hours ago, dena said:

When there were 15, 20 teams, most teams had several top notch starters, heck Baltimore had four 20 game winners in the same year, 

I believe they lost to the Pirates in the series that year.  "Chicken on the Hill" 

Not to derail, CNN and MSNBC suck.