salt deficient

I know you guys like to cheat.........

4 posts in this topic

Strange looking jet pump, shaft looks a bit long for a canoe but buy it then give a detailed report.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Those guys have a kit on ebay with extended handle and a mounting plate and stabilizer bars for a certain kayak they make or use in south america.

Shaft is too short for a canoe.  Going with a 15" evinrude 2.5hp.  Doubles as backup motor for my Deep V 16 rowboat. 

No clue on the quality of this.....   If I recall, it wasn't overly expensive.

I was debating making another jet drive.....   I put a kawasaki 440 jetski drivetrain on a 12ft aluminum jonboat.   Also had a trailer winch on it.  I brought that thing places an outboard hasn't been in in decades off the hudson......

Tempted to make a similar setup.   But with a small gas powered trash pump and custon made nozzle to make it work with the pump flow curve the best.   But, put it on an aluminum canoe......    Make the inlet and outlet connect to those cam style quc release hose couplings.  Put caps on them when not in use, or swap out when something leaks.

I got broke and lazt friends.  And there's tons of waterside camping all over the place where I go.  Hudson and ADK's.  Much easier to camp with a canoe than a kayak

Edited by salt deficient