HugeDinghy

USIA waders

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

think they are a new product for the company so im not sure there is a ton of feedback....but anyone have or hear about them or even the company for that matter?

two fiddy aint bad if they are as pitched, although there are optional add ons that will put you well over three beans (Kevlar knee pads as an example).  the order form asks- height, weight, chest, hips, ankles, calf, torso and inseam ( and boot obviously) measurements and they make them per order. lifetime warranty on the seams/seals.

400D nylon pac-cloth with 1000D Cordura overlays in high wear areas.

Non breathable Shell Waders. Not form fitting. Non-insulated. What you wear underneath will determine how warm you are.

Since all of our waders are custom-built, we cannot accept returns. You are responsible for accurate measurement.

Comes standard with one Velcro 6x9 chest pocket and your choice of waterproof fabric socks or latex booties.

Edited by HugeDinghy

I looked at these years ago and passed because of not breathable And were not form fitted. 

Edited by The Riddler

new product...maybe they made a different style previously?

they take 10 measurements so I cant imagine they could be any more form fitting. 

44 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

new product...maybe they made a different style previously?

they take 10 measurements so I cant imagine they could be any more form fitting. 

Wouldn't you want waders to be a little big so you can move around better?

1 min ago, HugeDinghy said:

im assuming they know people wear clothes under waders. 

I'm a growing boy I need to buy them a bit bigger. 

I have a pair. The main reason I went with them is that I’m a big duke 6’6, 300 lbs, size 14 shoe. 

The waders have held up great over the past 4 years or so, just make sure that if u go custom with them that your sizing is gonna be correct. 

They def are durable, and well made as far as seems and stuff you will never have a problem. Very abrasion resistant, but they are not breathable and when you’ve been wading for while straight they get a little heavier. 

I also liked them cause u can upgrade to Bogs boots which i did abs they are super comfortable and warm with good tread. 

They cost me a lot of money but have held up for several years so i can’t complain too much, but if there were consistency options for breathable tall size in size 14 non camp print with a good warranty and reputation i would consider for a sub $400 price point, but haven’t found options like that out there. 

All in all they hold up and have gotten the job done. Hope this helps. 

i checked them out, but im a bit confused...(typical on thursdays)

does bogs insulated mean an actual boot ?

And does a t zipper mean a front chest zipper ? 

has anyone seen the "Techniflex Base Fabric" ? Wonder what it is like.

I had given up on waders with boots and a chest zipper....

6 mins ago, riggler said:

i checked them out, but im a bit confused...(typical on thursdays)

does bogs insulated mean an actual boot ?

And does a t zipper mean a front chest zipper ? 

has anyone seen the "Techniflex Base Fabric" ? Wonder what it is like.

I had given up on waders with boots and a chest zipper....

Yes. Bogs boots are like actual boots that are built into the waders to be bootfoot waders like what u are used to maybe except with an updated boot. Bogs is a brand similar to Muck Boots. 

The T-Zipper is referring to zipper chest front if u want to it’s an add on not necessary. 

The techniflex material stuff i did, but prob not necessary also an add on. It’s a little softer, lighter, more flexible material but also prob less abrasion resistant. 

4 hours ago, Frank5 said:

I have a pair. The main reason I went with them is that I’m a big duke 6’6, 300 lbs, size 14 shoe. 

The waders have held up great over the past 4 years or so, just make sure that if u go custom with them that your sizing is gonna be correct. 

They def are durable, and well made as far as seems and stuff you will never have a problem. Very abrasion resistant, but they are not breathable and when you’ve been wading for while straight they get a little heavier. 

I also liked them cause u can upgrade to Bogs boots which i did abs they are super comfortable and warm with good tread. 

They cost me a lot of money but have held up for several years so i can’t complain too much, but if there were consistency options for breathable tall size in size 14 non camp print with a good warranty and reputation i would consider for a sub $400 price point, but haven’t found options like that out there. 

All in all they hold up and have gotten the job done. Hope this helps. 

are they the duck ones or the fishing ones? I was under the impression that the fishing ones are brand new. 

31 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

are they the duck ones or the fishing ones? I was under the impression that the fishing ones are brand new. 

I’m not following you. I’m under the impression they only offer one wader product that can be customized in sizing for additional charge as well as various add on features (Kevlar knee pads, pockets, t-zipper, etc.) for additional charge. 

I just browsed their website again and didn’t see anything about two different wader products. Am i missing something? 

I can be totally wrong but my understanding was they make a duck hunting wader but are, or have, come out with a fishing wader that's a little different, but again, I might be wrong. 

Ive had mine 3 years now. I went with them because of my size 17 feet. Best money ive ever spent.

I went with every single option available. I have the upgraded base fabric(which comes only in black) with silver overlay color. The front full zipper is smooth and i never have to strip to pee.plus if its hot i just walk with the zipper open. I have to zipper thigh pockets. I carry two water proof boxes in them. One side is small tins and teasers. The other side is my car keys and a digital scale. The kevlar kneepads are replacable and tough as hell. Climbing boulders here on the north fork altmost daily and they show no wear after three years. The Bogs boots are super comfortable plus they have up to size 18.

They have standard sizes as well as doing customs. Their customer service is amazing. I plan on having them make a dry suit in a few years.

Best 625 bucks i spent on fishing 

Edited by reelfire

1 hour ago, Frank5 said:

I’m not following you. I’m under the impression they only offer one wader product that can be customized in sizing for additional charge as well as various add on features (Kevlar knee pads, pockets, t-zipper, etc.) for additional charge. 

I just browsed their website again and didn’t see anything about two different wader products. Am i missing something? 

There is standard fabric and upgraded fabric for the base layer. The upgraded comes in black only. Get it its worth it. The overlay colors are all the same fabric and you can choose any of their colors.