Cman

Hair on Fire Day

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Apparently, the Dems have an issue with Barr holding a press conference, then releasing the report. It sounds like they simply wanted the report, after a two year investigation by 19 attorneys, 42 people interviewed, a team of 40 FBI agents, analysts, forensic accountants, and other staff. Not to mention 25 million spent, and they should just be sent a 400 page report.

“This press conference, which apparently will not include special counsel Mueller, is unnecessary and inappropriate, and appears designed to shape public perceptions of the report before anyone can read it,” the five Democratic chairs said in a statement. It was signed by House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, Oversight and Reform Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings, Committee on Financial Services Chairwoman Maxine Waters and Committee on Foreign Affairs Chairman Eliot Engel."

HAHAHA. Talk about shaping public perception. Can't wait to see the Dems :fire:

20 mins ago, Cman said:

Apparently, the Dems have an issue with Barr holding a press conference, then releasing the report. It sounds like they simply wanted the report, after a two year investigation by 19 attorneys, 42 people interviewed, a team of 40 FBI agents, analysts, forensic accountants, and other staff. Not to mention 25 million spent, and they should just be sent a 400 page report.

“This press conference, which apparently will not include special counsel Mueller, is unnecessary and inappropriate, and appears designed to shape public perceptions of the report before anyone can read it,” the five Democratic chairs said in a statement. It was signed by House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, Oversight and Reform Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings, Committee on Financial Services Chairwoman Maxine Waters and Committee on Foreign Affairs Chairman Eliot Engel."

HAHAHA. Talk about shaping public perception. Can't wait to see the Dems :fire:

why should Mueller be there?

according to the anti-Drumpf people, he can't say anything regarding the investigation.

so he would not be able to say anything there anyway.

right?

I find Nadler and the media laughable complaining that Barr is creating a”90 minute headstart to spin” public opinion before Congress gets the report in CD. 

Facts should be facts and should be able to stand on their own, without some sort of magical narrative to shape public opinion.

But what is truly laughable is the irony that Democrats and the media have had two years to shape the narrative via their constant and unrelenting beating of the collusion-gate drum. Public perceptions have been set based on that alone, and I think what they’re most frightened of is that their prior remonstrations against the president are going to be proven to of been so off the mark. 

Am I wrong in thinking that, if everyone gets the report within minutes, or hours of each other, it will take a good 8, or so, hours to get an informed opinion on what this thing says?

How long to read 400 pages of legal mumbo jumbo?

That is at least a couple naps worth...I am only good for so many pages of that kind of stuff before my eyes glaze over. Maybe these legal pros are faster...

17 mins ago, Billybob said:

Our resident lefty's are eerily quiet, wonder what they're up to?

Hopefully keeping their nonsense over in the Real Outhouse. 

Just now, dena said:

Am I wrong in thinking that, if everyone gets the report within minutes, or hours of each other, it will take a good 8, or so, hours to get an informed opinion on what this thing says?

That is at least a couple naps worth...I am only good for so many pages of that kind of stuff before my eyes glaze over. Maybe these legal pros are faster...

The compact discs with the text will be distributed to Congress between 11 AM and noon. Sometime after that, undefined, the report will be posted on the website somewhere that will be accessible by the media and the public. So to your point, it’s not until noon at a minimum that this can be analyzed. 

I do find the compact disc media selection somewhat interesting. It is true that you can do more on a CD as far as indexing, a table of contents with actual live links, footnotes, etc. Maybe that’s what they’re trying to do.

Alternatively, you can embed hidden codes in a given text file that are detectable later. This would only come in handy if portions of the text on the CDs finds its way into The media prior to the actual release of the public version. 

The report summary and press conference are SOP. The Chief Executive getting the info two weeks or more after the investigation has been completed is also SOP.

What,  the American Public has no right to know how the investigation was conducted.

The Dems are blowing smoke and the folks know it.

Edited by Jay Blair

1 min ago, tomkaz said:

The compact discs with the text will be distributed to Congress between 11 AM and noon. Sometime after that, undefined, the report will be posted on the website somewhere that will be accessible by the media and the public. So to your point, it’s not until noon at a minimum that this can be analyzed. 

I do find the compact disc media selection somewhat interesting. It is true that you can do more on a CD as far as indexing, a table of contents with actual live links, footnotes, etc. Maybe that’s what they’re trying to do.

Alternatively, you can embed hidden codes in a given text file that are detectable later. This would only come in handy if portions of the text on the CDs finds its way into The media prior to the actual release of the public version. 

can you edit files while they are on CDs?

7 mins ago, dena said:

Where have you been Dena?

Since when do you need informed opinion when you can have a good emoting.?