CoffeeHangover

Would you send it back?

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Received a brand new plug today with a small defect in the finish.  So long as it doesn't cause the rest of the finish to chip I don't mind, I fish my plugs and expect them to accrue damage but I don't want to start off with a plug especially prone to damage.  Would it be worth contacting the plug maker or can I varnish over it with nail polish or something to prevent chipping and water entry?

Plug.png

Show the picture to the manufacturer and see what he says. If it were me, I'd coat the area with 5 minute epoxy and fish it. One bluefish is going to do more damage than that, not to mention hook rash.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Send that trash back the nerve of some people . I bet it doesn't even float  and if it doesn't look good how can you expect  it to catch

Edited by TheKnot

It's hard to say. If it's the first time dealing with them.

I'd just fish it and give them the benefit of the doubt.

If it happens again. I had to tell you. ;) Not interested.

If you've been dealing with them before. The first time

accidents happen. It happens again, you bring it to

there attention. Are you mad at me. :) The issue gets

rectified. :worms:

5 hours ago, CoffeeHangover said:

Received a brand new plug today with a small defect in the finish.  So long as it doesn't cause the rest of the finish to chip I don't mind, I fish my plugs and expect them to accrue damage but I don't want to start off with a plug especially prone to damage.  Would it be worth contacting the plug maker or can I varnish over it with nail polish or something to prevent chipping and water entry?

Plug.png

Nice solid tail wrap

I consider myself quite fussy when it comes to fishing. I wouldn't even think about thinking about sending that back.

Its fine.  If you are concerned about water getting in, just dab it with 5 min epoxy as one poster noted and dont fish it around bluefish as did another.

Yes you should send it back and sue the maker for the pain and suffering you’ve experienced over receiving a less than perfect plug. 

Maybe we can start a support group, here, for those of us traumatized by the sight of a blemished plug. 

Group hug everyone!

If it was for collecting, and resale down the road I would see if I could exchange it. If I were putting it at the end of my rod and flinging it as far as I could out into the ocean, I’d be fine with it.

10 mins ago, valentine said:

Yes you should send it back and sue the maker for the pain and suffering you’ve experienced over receiving a less than perfect plug. 

Maybe we can start a support group, here, for those of us traumatized by the sight of a blemished plug. 

Group hug everyone!

First world, white guy problems!

Imo I would contact the maker and let him know what happened. Let him know your willing to keep it and ask him what would be the best way to fix it. The maker may have recently switched a method or product he uses and would probably want to know about any problems. There's also a chance he might give you a discount on some other plugs. Any reputable maker would want to protect their reputation.