Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

How many day or nights a season...

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

About 80 per year, not including midnight's out on the dock (backyard).

"Hoping" to reach a solid 100 this year.

16 mins ago, bob_G said:

...do you fish on average? Do you plan to fish more or less in 2019?

In 2018 I fished a few days in the spring, June, July and August I went for early morning bike rides because of the crowds, September I fished some, usually in the middle of the week and October I filled the freezer for winter...……….

Since I fish pretty much every work day on my lunch hour, plus laregemouth on the weekends I'd say it falls somewhere between 130-150. That probably seems like a lot, but most of those days I'm only fishing an hour or two at the most. I'll probably fish about the same this year if life cooperates....

Posted (edited) · Report post

Last yr 180

dont think i can do more than that alot of nights of no sleep july to oct i already have 10 under my belt .

Edited by shark lobster

2 hours ago, b-ware said:

In 2018 I fished a few days in the spring, June, July and August I went for early morning bike rides because of the crowds, September I fished some, usually in the middle of the week and October I filled the freezer for winter...……….

Similar for me but I beat the hell out of the new moons throughout the season.

This year is a toss up between no sleep and bad eating habits or proper sleep better eating and going to the gym.

Ah f it...you only live once see y’all out there 

Hit the Canal 113 days, and 136 trips last year.  Hoping to do less this year.  I don't bother tracking beach trips, but probably hit that a good ~20 days as well.   Boat/Kayak another ~dozen times.  

Might take up golf!  :laugh:

Edited by TLap21

If I’m able to fish like I want I’d say it averages out to 4 nights per week. 

This year ill be fishing much less, though. 

On 4/17/2019 at 0:38 PM, bob_G said:

...do you fish on average? 

I try for 2X a week. April and May it's predominately fresh water, until the smallies hit their spawning beds.

Then I add saltwater into the mix.

Once saltwater fishing is here I still aim for 2X a week, usually once freshwater, once saltwater, but depending on the month, the weather, the wind and the bite, I adjust as needed.

I take a week off in April to fish Quabbin and Wachusett when the fishing's great. I'm doing that next week. I also like to take the last week of November off so I can close out the season at Wachusett.

This year I'm hoping to fish Quabbin a little more. Last year I started a new job right at the beginning of May which impacted my freshwater season.

Fortunately my new job has a little flexibility in the schedule so I can hit the canal during mid-week rather than suffering the insane crowds on the weekends.

Edited by zak-striper

I'm usually in at around 125, mostly nights. Last year was a problem. Had some work to finish up before I retired. Then I got some sort of infection which to this day I say was tick related. That ruined a week. An old hunting injury resurfaced. In August I fell down the rocks and missed another week. So i came in at around 85 days for 2018.

My plan is to get back into the 125 range for 2019.

so last year i started fishing april 29 and my last day was oct 20.missed a few days/nights maybe 10 at most.Like shark Lobster i am only minutes from the water,usually fish an hour at lunch time,sometimes before work,after work and at night ..usually get out on the kayak quite a bitand also out on my 14ft tin.never enough time to get it all in.i also get in 70 to 90 days of skiing in during the winter.as they say life is too short not too enjoy it.