scoobydoo

Awesome EDC Knife for Dirt cheap......And the garbage Amazon sells

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

I would call them just for chits and giggles . Their customer service was very helpful .. worst thing they say is they can’t help ya 

I hadn't thought of that. I guess since the scales are just glued on in the first place, the easiest route is to just glue them back on though.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 4/24/2019 at 9:06 PM, the3fishheads said:

Kershaw U.S.A. rules..

15561543038413313735809845198534.jpg

I also have a Junkyard Dog II (among a drawer full of other knives ranging from $5 to $200+) and it is one of the most comfortable "hard working" knives I own but I have big mitts. I also ordered a custom deep carry clip for it and it made the knife 10x better. Kershaw also made what I would call, dollar for dollar, the best everyday carry knife ever: the Skyline. If you are someone that wants to carry a locking folder everyday but can't (or just don't want to) carry a giant slab of steel I highly recommend finding a Skyline. Excellent blade shape, excellent G10, perfect lock-up, small and light enough to carry in dress pants pockets, etc. I purchased mine many, many years ago at Wal-Mart for around $30. They are more expensive than that now but still a great value. 

Edit: Just checked out my Skyline and it has Aug 08 written on the blade. Over a decade old and still one of my go-to knives!

Edited by jvisconti

Some say life is too short to carry a cheap knife.  I disagree.  I carry one as a loaner that I won't worry about being abused.  A Sanrenmu 7010 fulfills that role for me.  Very rarely will I allow anyone to use my actual personal use EDC's.

9 hours ago, jvisconti said:

I also have a Junkyard Dog II (among a drawer full of other knives ranging from $5 to $200+) and it is one of the most comfortable "hard working" knives I own but I have big mitts. I also ordered a custom deep carry clip for it and it made the knife 10x better. Kershaw also made what I would call, dollar for dollar, the best everyday carry knife ever: the Skyline. If you are someone that wants to carry a locking folder everyday but can't (or just don't want to) carry a giant slab of steel I highly recommend finding a Skyline. Excellent blade shape, excellent G10, perfect lock-up, small and light enough to carry in dress pants pockets, etc. I purchased mine many, many years ago at Wal-Mart for around $30. They are more expensive than that now but still a great value. 

Edit: Just checked out my Skyline and it has Aug 08 written on the blade. Over a decade old and still one of my go-to knives!

Agreed have the skyline Damascus in my Kershaw collection great light weight knife. The JYD is more a go to war heavy knife.

Always find .myself pocketing the Link though. Best edc imho.

20161002_223437-1.jpg

20161024_090049.jpg

Edited by the3fishheads

1 hour ago, the3fishheads said:

20161024_090049.jpg

dude, this is artistic, beyond one`s understanding fully why

"one" being a laic in arts

Edited by glos

I carry the Gerber Air Ranger everywhere. You can normally find them for about $10-$15 when they're on sale. Never had an issue and I carry it everyday.