RI reports

Rate this topic

xjclint

I've always considered Spot Burning as a type of running joke around here now, like the saying, There is No Fish in Rhode Island.

20 years ago thousands  would log in here, see it, go fishing.  Not the case anymore.

Times have changed.

Nothing flies by me without a hook!
If my fly is down, That's a good thing.

Public Access.....It's a shore thing. My daily requirement of "Vitamin Sea".

Capt. Ray Stachelek

1 hour ago, WalkDaDawg said:

Dude your not fishing and catching fish in any special spot that people don’t know about . Just saying all the information on most spots in RI is out there. And very easy to find. I understand the rules but the problem ain’t spot burning ...... the problem is the non existent DEM enforcing the rules . Funny how you think staying quite about a spot is gonna keep people from fishing it . I am 90 % positive that if DEM patrolled and enforced park rules that we wouldn’t have to worry about people knowing your fantasy fishing holes that no one knows about. Cmon man , a single picture or statement about a bridge or breachway isn’t the reason why you do or don’t catch fish cowboy ....

So what if people knowing about the spot? You want ten guys rolling up when you’re on a bite and they’re not? Abide the rules and get a clue 

41 mins ago, Capt.Castafly said:

I've always considered Spot Burning as a type of running joke around here now, like the saying, There is No Fish in Rhode Island.

20 years ago thousands  would log in here, see it, go fishing.  Not the case anymore.

Times have changed.

With all due respect you’re a boat guy who runs a charter business. Different game when fishing the surf 

Edited by rbart

1 hour ago, WalkDaDawg said:

Dude your not fishing and catching fish in any special spot that people don’t know about . Just saying all the information on most spots in RI is out there. And very easy to find. I understand the rules but the problem ain’t spot burning ...... the problem is the non existent DEM enforcing the rules . Funny how you think staying quite about a spot is gonna keep people from fishing it . I am 90 % positive that if DEM patrolled and enforced park rules that we wouldn’t have to worry about people knowing your fantasy fishing holes that no one knows about. Cmon man , a single picture or statement about a bridge or breachway isn’t the reason why you do or don’t catch fish cowboy ....

DEM rule enforcement has nothing to do with crowding, how the hell did you come up with that?

Pics of fish at spots WILL give people the idea to hit it, even if they already know about it.

What's so hard about taking a pic without a landmark in the background, cowboy?  

Ive been fishing long enough to see spots  get torched. Just the tiniest hint... any fisherman worth his salt is gonna know where to go. You guys don’t realize what it was like 15 years ago. World class fishing in RI. Now you have a bunch of people targeting a small population of fish... why do you want extra company? And why do you think it’s ok to not consider other fishermen who don’t want attention? 

4 mins ago, rbart said:

Ive been fishing long enough to see spots  get torched. Just the tiniest hint... any fisherman worth his salt is gonna know where to go. You guys don’t realize what it was like 15 years ago. World class fishing in RI. Now you have a bunch of people targeting a small population of fish... why do you want extra company? And why do you think it’s ok to not consider other fishermen who don’t want attention? 

Agreed 

12 mins ago, rbart said:

Man that is the absolute truth.  Sometimes I can't even share sensitive info within my own tight group because it travels so fast.  I went dark about 2 years ago and now only text info/pics directly to my close sharps.  Places pile up in a flash when word gets out on the interweb.  It's the truth, WalkDa.

3 mins ago, ljschroe said:

Man that is the absolute truth.  Sometimes I can't even share sensitive info within my own tight group because it travels so fast.  I went dark about 2 years ago and now only text info/pics directly to my close sharps.  Places pile up in a flash when word gets out on the interweb.  It's the truth, WalkDa.

Glad I get to share a tide with ya :)

7 mins ago, Billybob said:

DEM rule enforcement has nothing to do with crowding, how the hell did you come up with that?

Pics of fish at spots WILL give people the idea to hit it, even if they already know about it.

What's so hard about taking a pic without a landmark in the background, cowboy?  

Yes your right dem has nothing to do with crowding . But I was referring to the trash , parking, poaching etc ? DEM has all to do with that . Crowding is one thing , but it ain’t crowded at your spot cause of a spot burn ! It’s crowded cause 90 % of fisherman know your spot already and a simple pic or mention is not gonna make you catch anymore or less . Keep your honey holes to yourself if that’s what you wanna do but don’t knock someone for spot burning rte1 or Jamestown rocks . Everyone fishes there and most of these spots are known .

9 mins ago, WalkDaDawg said:

Yes your right dem has nothing to do with crowding . But I was referring to the trash , parking, poaching etc ? DEM has all to do with that . Crowding is one thing , but it ain’t crowded at your spot cause of a spot burn ! It’s crowded cause 90 % of fisherman know your spot already and a simple pic or mention is not gonna make you catch anymore or less . Keep your honey holes to yourself if that’s what you wanna do but don’t knock someone for spot burning rte1 or Jamestown rocks . Everyone fishes there and most of these spots are known .

Get back to us when you get some time under your belt 

Knowing a spot exists and knowing there is a bite going on are two completely different things.  Too many instant "sharpies" who actually dont know how to find fish, just wait for facebook, OTW reports, or fishing sites to show them where to fish with all their buddies.  I would rather catch less and stay away from crowds, but if i catch more at my lesser fished (not lesser known) spots why the **** would i want to post a pic that tips someone off.  Not that the fish or spot are "mine" but rather i earned it because i worked hard in the limited time i have to fish and found the honey hole within the spot.

And i have more respect to the other guys who are quietly plugging away hard with me then to turn the masses who didnt "earn it" on them.

Edited by Kooky
^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....

49 mins ago, rbart said:

So what if people knowing about the spot? You want ten guys rolling up when you’re on a bite and they’re not? Abide the rules and get a clue 

I always abide by the rules ..... I never tell spots regardless I am simply stating the fact that there is no such thing as spot burning spots everyone knows . You can see from my post history. I fish most exclusively upper bay and the way I deal with crowding is move to a different spot ! Feel free to cry about crowding but the Rhode Island waters are fair game . It’s Not brain surgery