xjclint

RI reports

Rate this topic

253 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, bdowning said:

Good to hear about the macks. :th:

I'm with you there BD. Lining up all mack pattern plugs n oddities and hopefully get out front in a week or so. Got the itch and LIS isn't cutting it. 

1 hour ago, Robbiethao10 said:

Is that supposed to impress me? Everyone acts like it’s hard to catch striped bass or fish in general. Let’s be real. It is very very easy to catch striped bass. 

It wasn’t easy yesterday in soco! It sucked. By the way, stay the hell away from me out there. Get too close and the  scissors come out! Snip snip! 

3 hours ago, Robbiethao10 said:

Is that supposed to impress me? Everyone acts like it’s hard to catch striped bass or fish in general. Let’s be real. It is very very easy to catch striped bass. 

Really working hard to fit in and learn buddy. You agreed not to spot burn when joining the site, respect your agreement and stop doing it. Most guys here aren’t discussing catching dink’s and claiming they are 30”, maybe respect the rules and learn about more then just catching migrating schoolies.

7 hours ago, Robbiethao10 said:

It’s easy to catch schoolies during the spring and fall migration. It’s not easy to consistently catch decent size bass all season. 

16 hours ago, Robbiethao10 said:

time to go bud......not fitting in here at all

go ahead...say something about my fishing knowledge

8 hours ago, z-man said:

It’s easy to catch schoolies during the spring and fall migration. It’s not easy to consistently catch decent size bass all season. 

Amen there, kind of troubling schoolie to near keeper size seems to be more in the conversation these days. Most of us are here in pursuit of the big girls out there with the will to learn and put in serious time to land one. 

For the new guy, just relax and absorb what's offered here. The ol' saying of "he who listens best, knows most" would go a long way for you. 

3 hours ago, SlackTideBri said:

Amen there, kind of troubling schoolie to near keeper size seems to be more in the conversation these days. Most of us are here in pursuit of the big girls out there with the will to learn and put in serious time to land one. 

For the new guy, just relax and absorb what's offered here. The ol' saying of "he who listens best, knows most" would go a long way for you. 

I absorb what’s already not in my repertoire or things I don’t know. What I won’t do is let someone who thinks he knows everything cuz he is more experienced than me insult my intelligence about what’s a keeper or not. I know how to measure a fish and I follow my legal and creep limits. I could easily be that guy who doesn’t follow regulations and “ruin” the fishery.

6 hours ago, jim sylvester said:

time to go bud......not fitting in here at all

go ahead...say something about my fishing knowledge

RT- Yes, please say something about Jim’s fishing knowledge. That should go over well lol. 

And thanks, Lennon. I’m far from one of the better fishermen on this site, but when I was younger I was lucky enough to learn pre-social media from some of the best fishermen around. We caught a lot of fish and big ones at that. We didn’t tell anyone where, we didn’t attract crowds, and we didn’t affect others fishing in the same areas. Go figure. 

Edited by rbart

Not a great night for me last night with only a couple of dinks for a lot of effort! Ton of weed everywhere i went, and bright full moon didn’t help. Was one of those nights where i wished i had stayed home in the recliner with a cold one. One small thing after another, put me in a funk and kept me unfocused, including losing a favorite needle. First trip, so hopefully worked out the kinks. Was really hoping to get into some fish. Hopefully you guys found some better conditions, and fish.

here's the deal

robbiethao10

you could be a great fisherman....and i'm happy that you are getting into fish early in the season.

The site has rules....no spot burning...block out the surroundings in pictures....ect.....    adhere to them and the place is fun and you will learn a lot.

****....i'll even take you fishing.....just not where I would want you to know about..;)