xjclint

RI reports

Rate this topic

254 posts in this topic

32 mins ago, nateD said:

I’ll have to try that, likely a confidence thing. They seem so stiff I need to burn them to get that tail to move.

Yeah I agree, which is not favorable when the water is this cold and the fish are a bit sluggish. I had a lot more luck with gulp minnows on a bucktail. Less action but you can receive them alot slower and still get the movement 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I prefer a 'weaker" rubber as 90% of hits are on the drop....I prefer them to be able to thump with its own momentum...cost more etc but it is what it is....like anything else, personal preference. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

'zactly, I've been liking the z-man baits lately too. No scent and can be a pain to thread on but they are super strong, stretchy and pretty soft.

2 hours ago, nateD said:

'zactly, I've been liking the z-man baits lately too. No scent and can be a pain to thread on but they are super strong, stretchy and pretty soft.

Careful if you're putting them in your box next to hard baits or even other soft baits... The rubber on the zman will interact with the paint and turn it to goo.

2 hours ago, ljschroe said:

Careful if you're putting them in your box next to hard baits or even other soft baits... The rubber on the zman will interact with the paint and turn it to goo.

Ya I learned the hard way with a few puddles of plastic in a Plano lol

53 mins ago, nateD said:

Ya I learned the hard way with a few puddles of plastic in a Plano lol

Oh my god I have been wondering what all that **** in my tackle box is. Here I am thinking theres a rotting fish eye in there or something

6 hours ago, Brothers said:

From Mass, drove down to RI last night to get into my first fish of the season, not a single other person fishing. 

5.jpg

Then who took this pic??? #fishspiracy

28 mins ago, MattCasts401 said:

Then who took this pic??? #fishspiracy

A guy was walking by with backpack full of camera equipment, pulled his phone out and quickly shot this. 

Just to show you guys how mobbed it was past Saturday...... and this was half of the crowd

mobbed.jpg

Edited by foxfai

2 hours ago, foxfai said:

Just to show you guys how mobbed it was past Saturday...... and this was half of the crowd

mobbed.jpg

That’s ridiculous. I’d rather go home than fish in a crowd like that. 

i thought that was intended as a humorous sarcastic post

The breechway and beach i fished in south county on thursday, fri, and saturday was actually not to crowded and the guys fishing worked together....and there were even fish caught....  

However, I would like to add....Why is it that when people walk down the right of way to look at the water and they bring their dogs... Big dogs....big dogs that leave HUMONGOUS DUMPS.... and said people just leave it there on the edge of the trail....And there is a lot of piles.... I wanted to throw a 4 oz. bank sinker on and take target practice on them. And the sad part is that the fisherman will be blamed for it .

Edited by riggler

I fished out front in SoCo this morning couple of schoolies(20-22 in) over a few hours. Hit a spot up in the bay on my way home, half a dozen or so chunky schoolies (24+) and one keeper.  Shouldn’t have even brought the bag, 1oz JS bucktail didn’t come off the line.