tomkaz

Does anyone pick up trash on the beach after a fishing outing? 

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

On Hatteras, where we can drive on the beach, when I stop to fish I police the area around my truck for any litter.

Edited by surffshr

I don't walk the beach looking for trash but will always pickup on the walk back to the truck and anywhere around my truck.  It really is stunning how inconsiderate and outright unworthy folks are of our beaches. 

Should have monitors walking the beach wearing steal toe, cowboy boots looking for these folks.  Let them choose, a fine and a few hours community service cleaning the same beach or a kick in the crotch.

Went down to the beach this morning looking for some snook. Sargassum weed was too thick to really work a plug, and there was no signs of bait around. I forgot to bring a bag (doh!) so could only carry what I could get in my hands.

Juno Beach is a guarded beach and is cleaned by the city, so it was much cleaner than the beach in the OP. Still, I was able to grad this much. 

637CB12F-7761-4455-88BB-1DE31ECF20AC.jpeg.a285d0cb783f51d773c00f57f3f47198.jpeg

I pick up stuff all the time. 

I saw a guy drop (litter) his styrafoam shrimp container on the bank when steelheading and I gave him the Drill Sergeant Ermey treatment in front of God and country.

I always try and pickup the trash around me when heading back to the car after an outing. Shame people find it so hard to carry out their own trash

On 4/18/2019 at 10:44 AM, Misled said:

I don't walk the beach looking for trash but will always pickup on the walk back to the truck and anywhere around my truck.  It really is stunning how inconsiderate and outright unworthy folks are of our beaches. 

Should have monitors walking the beach wearing steal toe, cowboy boots looking for these folks.  Let them choose, a fine and a few hours community service cleaning the same beach or a kick in the crotch.

I say all three in the reverse order!!

Found a nice spot in norwalk ct. early one spring right where a river spilled out onto the ocean by a private yacht club. 

Great fishing there and started cleaning the beach each day I was there. they started getting ready for the season and saw me most days on the way out with a bag of trash. They let me fish there all season and often came down and chased other fisherman away.

Had the place to myself~ 

On 4/18/2019 at 10:44 AM, Misled said:

Both

Kick in the crotch would help to easier bend over while picking up trash.

Every time, doesn't matter if fishing, camping or hiking.  If we don't care about it enough to clean up and pick up other's trash, how can we expect anyone else too.  Was always taught to leave it better than I found it.