JaseB

Castaway

Rate this topic

129 posts in this topic

Going through old DVDs we can watch with the kids; Castaway tonight.

One of my favorites.  Reminded me that when this and Saving Private Ryan didn't get Best Picture I vowed never to watch the Acadamey Awards again and still haven't. 

A lot of that has to do with the fact I moved out of my parents house in 96, but still.

In retrospect that was an early sign of PC and similar agendas starting to set the narrative.  The movies that did win those two years have not stood the test of time.

Side note.  Helen Hunt is about as perfect as they come in it.  When she gets in the Jeep in the rain...holy crap....better than anything in the fish and chicks thread.

2 mins ago, JaseB said:

Going through old DVDs we can watch with the kids; Castaway tonight.

One of my favorites.  Reminded me that when this and Saving Private Ryan didn't get Best Picture I vowed never to watch the Acadamey Awards again and still haven't. 

A lot of that has to do with the fact I moved out of my parents house in 96, but still.

In retrospect that was an early sign of PC and similar agendas starting to set the narrative.  The movies that did win those two years have not stood the test of time.

Side note.  Helen Hunt is about as perfect as they come in it.  When she gets in the Jeep in the rain...holy crap....better than anything in the fish and chicks thread.

I thought you were going to say Purple Rain was your fave. Btw, Helen Hunt is a horse face. 

That was a great movie. And saving private Ryan. I’ve been letting the little man get exposed to some war and classic cowboy movies as he gets older and saving private Ryan is his favorite. May be mine as well, I just like so many for different reasons it’s hard to say. 

Another one of Hanks greats that I haven’t seen in a while is gump. May have too much mature stuff for the little guy just yet, but I’ll have to see if I can dig it up and watch it agam 

Me and a buddy went to see Private Ryan when it opened. The scene after the landing battle when the camera scanned over the beach was incredible. Dead fish floating by and laying on the beach. First war film I ever saw that had gone into that much detail. Sad to see what happens when nature gets between two armies. 

This poster came out in 1967 and is spot on.

Lorraine Schneider: War Is Not Healthy Enamel Pin in color

I could never get past the stupidity of the guy not opening the FedEx package because he felt duty bound to deliver it, er something.

What if there was a Swiss Army knife in there? :freak:

7 hours ago, chessie_yaker said:

That was a great movie. And saving private Ryan. I’ve been letting the little man get exposed to some war and classic cowboy movies as he gets older and saving private Ryan is his favorite. May be mine as well, I just like so many for different reasons it’s hard to say. 

Another one of Hanks greats that I haven’t seen in a while is gump. May have too much mature stuff for the little guy just yet, but I’ll have to see if I can dig it up and watch it agam 

Spotted Big in the $2.99 DVD bin at Wally world the other day.  My kids love it.

44 mins ago, JaseB said:

Spotted Big in the $2.99 DVD bin at Wally world the other day.  My kids love it.

That’s another good one. I’ll have to dig the next time we’re there :th:

13 mins ago, Belmo said:

I really enjoyed not watching any of these lame-ass movies.

Go back in your basement and use adult size legos to build useless chit.