Mack26

24/7 Needlefish

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Southcoastphil said:

I'll be happy to lend some of my needles to you.  You lose them, no problem at all.  You catch on them, then you'll know.

Wow, super generous offer Phil, thanks! We might have to compare our stashes! :)

1 min ago, Mack26 said:

Wow, super generous offer Phil, thanks! We might have to compare our stashes! :)

Sounds good to me.

I have more frikkin needles than I know what to do with!!!

1 hour ago, DZ said:

Mack26 - you fishing RI/MA surf?  If so consider the bright island green pattern.

I do Dennis, and it’s funny you said that because that’s the color i was looking at! The Edge was out of everything but olive/white so i went to 24/7’s site and ordered a couple of those and a black, and a yellow. Thanks for the heads up!

2 mins ago, Southcoastphil said:

Sounds good to me.

I have more frikkin needles than I know what to do with!!!

I that case i will take some!! :laugh:

4 mins ago, Mack26 said:

I that case i will take some!! :laugh:

Don't think that they're all gorgeous and from high-end builders, because they're not.

Lots of them have been quickly scraped/sanded and sealed with mineral spirits and spar varnish (50/50).  

11 mins ago, Southcoastphil said:

Don't think that they're all gorgeous and from high-end builders, because they're not.

Lots of them have been quickly scraped/sanded and sealed with mineral spirits and spar varnish (50/50).  

I’m just kidding! Maybe next time we catch a tide, we can trade ‘em like a couple kids with halloween candy!

33 mins ago, Mack26 said:

I’m just kidding! Maybe next time we catch a tide, we can trade ‘em like a couple kids with halloween candy!

Perfect.  

Like trading Hot Wheels!!!!

How are the hardware on these? It didn’t give a description on the website, but i did upgrade to the dressed siwash for the tail hook. Are the hooks and splits ok?

39 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Is 24/7 still in business?  I thought they'd gone under. 

I certainly hope not Brian! Placed an order last night and it went through. I found it weird that i didn’t get an order confirmation. Hope that’s not the case!

Perhaps the firm just changed hands. I have one of theirs in the inventory, essentially a diamond with a big tube, both covered in a white plastic; it hasn't gotten wet yet. 

On 4/17/2019 at 11:20 AM, zak-striper said:

I use 247 needles with good success on a couple of beaches. One is a sand eel beach that gets fairly shallow during the 2nd half of the outgoing and the early incoming. Another beach I used them on has an outflow that gets fairly shallow about 2 1/2 hours into the outgoing.

The 247s are slow sinking, and they cast better than a Bomber, so I can cover a good amount of water with them, while not dragging bottom, picking up weeds.

Thanks for this bit of information. I fish similar conditions on my beach and this is helpful.